Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Controlling Camera in WebWorks

Is there a way to take automatic video via the blackberry.media.camera.takeVideo(); api function?

The app in development requires to take automatic video without user input (but obviously with user consent :smileytongue: ). 

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: All
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Controlling Camera in WebWorks

I believe the user would have to press record still.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Unicom

Excuse me!

Have you attained the function that take video automatically via the blackberry.media.camera.takeVideo(); api function?

I am developing an app that monitor the acceleration of the playbook then take video automatically, but at the moment I cannot make the camera work by itself, it has to be continued working by user pressing the record button on the screen...

Developer
Developer
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none

[ Edited ]

Hi.

There was another post about it. To use the camera inline to take pictures or make a video you can write an extension to do so or wait until BB10 is out for the PlayBook. For now there is only the way to use the API functionality explained for the blackberry.media.camera to open the camera app, take a picture or video and get back the local path in your app where it was stored on the device.

You could also have a closer look at the WebWorks Community APIs. I haven't tried it yet, but maybe the Barcode API extension has some interesting source code to use the camera inline your app? Have a closer look to the Air files source code around this line 124 it invokes the CameraUI.

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.