Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Visitor
ThigyDaze
My Device: Curve

Converting enyo app to playbook. Hmmm...

Hi guys,

Trying to convert my enyo app to Blackberry, and running into a few issues. Hopefully they're all schoolboy errors and I can get up and running. It would be fantastic to be ready for the end of Jan.

For a start, I cannot run either the Blackberry 10 alpha simulator. It simply takes too long to start, and I mean hours. I also cannot run the playbook 2 simulator. Again, too long.

In both instances, I have enabled virtualization on my machine but this has had no effect.

I'm using a Dell D620 Core 2 @ 2.33GHZ with 2GB of ram. It's the best machine we have here so there's no real scope for a better spec for a while.

I can however, install and run the playbook 1.0 simulator.

Anyway, back to the enyo app. Using the walkthrough for the enyo SampleMatters app (https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/porting_enyo_1.0_applications_from_webos.html), all of this goes swimmingly until I try to deploy it. At this point I get...

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.2.9\dependenc
ies\tools\bin>blackberry-deploy -installApp -device 192.168.234.130 -package "C:
\Development\Blackberry\StyleMatters\simulator\StyleMatters.bar"

Info: Sending request: Install
Info: Action: Install
Info: File size: 5000609
Info: Installing ...
Info: Processing 5000609 bytes
actual_dname::
actual_id::
actual_version::
result::failure 500 META-INF/MANIFEST.MF:22: unknown attribute 'Entry-Point-Key'

So, installing the debug token (which I don't apparently need on the simulator), just to test...

Info: Sending request:
Install Debug Token
Info:Action: Install Debug Token
Info: File size: 2326

result::success

Unfortunately, retrying the app installation yields the same result. There's next to nothing on Google about the specific attribute, so I'm guessing that although this is the issue,  it's not necessarily the attribute itself. (i.e. others will get the same "Unknown attribute" but for different things).

I've made sure the config.xml is at the zip root level, the icon is less than 16kb and the config.xml is UTF-8.

Any help would be most welcome. TIA

Thigydaze