Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry 6230
My Carrier: Developer

Creating first application using the BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for Smartphone Device Software

Hello,

As i have searched about this and there is one doc i.e. link  ,I have followed all steps that are provided in this doc but i have some problem so please help me related to this doc or please explain the process to create app using the blackberry webworks sdk for smartphone devices using latest version.

As explained in the document "Creating your first application using the BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for Smartphone Device Software" i have followed all steps but in third step "Verify that the bbwp utility created the correct output files" there should be an \OTAInstall and \StandardInstall folder but there were no such folders are in this directory so please explain me what's wrong there? 

Thanks

Poonam

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Creating first application using the BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for Smartphone Device Software

Hello Poonam,

I belive that KB article you are referencing is slightly out of date. The tools being referenced differ from today's tools and that may be why you are seeing issues. Just as a quick check, could you copy/paste the full output of the command prompt window when you invoke the bbwp command?

Alternatively, it may be a good idea to try this more up to date tutorial here:

http://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/creating_hello_world.html

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.