Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
araskin
My Device: Bold 9900, 9810, 9780, 9650 and so many others
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

DB Concurrency issue in OS 7

Hi,

We are doing some regression testing on a real device running OS 7 (7.0.0.187) and we are seeing some strange errors at a particular point. Here is the scenario:

1. User clicks a button

2. Using window.open we open a separate tab. This newly opened tab does some processing including DB updates and XHR

3. The original tab/windows continues to process and also does some DB updates.

4. Intermittently we see the following message: unable to open a transaction to the database. Error code 1

Based on the error text, we are assuming that this is a locking issue on the DB. However, what is strange is that we have never seen this issue in OS6. Has something changed in OS 7 that makes the DB engine behave differently? Or perhaps our hypothesis is wrong completely.

Any ideas/suggestions would be welcome.

Alon

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
jeffheifetz
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: DB Concurrency issue in OS 7

Hi Alon,

I believe this is caused by the fact that prior to 7.0, there was only one JavaScript threead for the whole browser independant of the tab you were running on. Starting in 7.0 each tab has its own thread.

1.Please resolve your thread by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button below the post which solved your problem!
2. If any post helps you please click the button below the post(s)
Please use plain text.
Developer
araskin
My Device: Bold 9900, 9810, 9780, 9650 and so many others
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: DB Concurrency issue in OS 7

Thanks makes a lot of sense. Thanks. 

I have sent an email off to my RIm contact and if he responds with any further details I will post here.

Regards,

Alon

Please use plain text.