Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: DISCUSSION: WebWorks + jQuery Feedback

Hello all,

Just a quick follow-up, I've put together the topics in this thread into a KB article with the hopes of helping future jQuery/WW developers down the road:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/Fundamentals-Guide-From-jQuery-t...

It's not too much of a departure from what we discussed here, but there is some general WebWorks info in there too.

If you have any feedback on the article, or anything new in your jQuery lives you want to share, by all means feel free.

Erik Oros

BlackBerry Development Advisor

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
New Developer
My Device: Bold 2

I am just getting started in Blackberry application developement and I am still reading posts on the developers forum.

As regards the Jquery support on OS 5 I came  across jqlite which supports OS 4.6+ but i havent tested them out.

New Developer
My Device: PlayBook

Erik,

The KB article states that jQuery Mobile is a lightweight alternative to jQuery. In fact, jQuery Mobile is a set of UI extensions for jQuery. You must reference jQuery core in your project to make use of jQuery Mobile.

From my experience, jQuery core does not work at all on OS5 devices. Our test device took over 2 minutes to load a blank web page that just had a reference to the library.

For PlayBook WebWorks development, I've been using jQuery mainly for productivity and code readability / maintainability. So far it has worked well, except for one issue which I just posed about in this forum which may or may not be related to jQuery.

Cheers,

Bryan

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Thanks for the feedback guys (and the clarification, Bryan.) I'll update the article with a mention of jqlite and proper classification for jQuery Mobile.

Bryan, I found the article you're referencing  I'm between offices all day today but will give the problem a good look tomorrow. I personally haven't seen this sort of issue with rendering before (DOM updates have always worked fine for me.) But I'll give your sample a try and will let you know what I find.

Erik Oros

BlackBerry Development Advisor

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.