Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
billfoust
My Device: BlackBerry Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Debugging with custom Widget in Ripple?

I feel like I'm asking a stupid question, but figure I ought to ask to be sure. Can you run a webworks app in Ripple if it is using a custom JS widget extension?

It looks like I've got to make an extension to expose PersistentStore, but I just know that when I do, I'll never be able to test it again in a real debugger.

Bill
-------------------------------------------
Check out my book on BlackBerry Development for Java.
And my other really really old book
My Apps: FlashKids
Please use plain text.
Developer
lasterra
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Debugging with custom Widget in Ripple?

you can detect in your app that it's executed but ripple if check the variable window.tinyHippos. Then you could implement a mock object of the webwork extension to test your app.

Please use plain text.
Developer
billfoust
My Device: BlackBerry Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Debugging with custom Widget in Ripple?

OK, I agree thats possible but it doesn't help me to actually DEBUG my extension, which is the whole point. 

It seems the ONLY way to debug an extension is to use the eclipse webworks install (which is going away real soon) and install the Java plugin OTA (which is also going away). You have to start with the WebWorks package though because there isn't a way to install the eclipse plugin OTA that I know of.

Is there something else or is the landscape really that bleak for custom webworks widgets? 

Bill
-------------------------------------------
Check out my book on BlackBerry Development for Java.
And my other really really old book
My Apps: FlashKids
Please use plain text.