Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
sdnetwork
My Device: q10
My Carrier: 33663190794

Deploy on device with webinspector enabled

[ Edited ]

is that you know if the web inspector mode slow the application on a device ?

because when i test some bbui.js application like bbUI Samples or jqm mobile theme, they are very slow on the device !

ps : the device is a Q10

Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Deploy on device with webinspector enabled

It depends what you're doing with Web Inspector. Under normal circumstances performance impact should be marginal, especially if you are not connecting to it.

The amount of work it has to do will dictate performance. Constantly logging messages to the console, for instance in a render loop, can slow down your app. Enabling script debugging or profiling can limit performance too. Make sure they are turned off when you don't need them. If the network connection to your device is slow or unreliable (e.g. bad wifi, slow USB, malfunctioning firewall) it could potentially cause performance degredation.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
Developer
peardox
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

Re: Deploy on device with webinspector enabled

All debuggers slow the operation of any app you are debugging

WebInspector has fairly minimal impact - you should try running something thru the Native debugger if you wanna see slow-to-a-crawl

Personally I couldn't live without tools like WebInspector as they let you track down sometimes very hard or impossible to find little bugs in code or layout

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Please use plain text.