Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
zakirhussain3654
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Airtel
Accepted Solution

Deploying an HTML5 application on Blackberry 7.0 or earlier device

Dear All,

I am new in web work development . I run my project on simulator successfully and its work fine and after  I have package and sign the application the it create an OTA file that i have innstalled in my phone when I click on .jad file it show an option for download when i start download it give an error ,

"Download fail and 907 invalid cod file "

Please help me how i run this application on my phone

Reply me as soon as possible.

Thanks & Regard
Zakir Hussain
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
twindsor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Deploying an HTML5 application on Blackberry 7.0 or earlier device

Have you read this knowledge base article?

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/907-Invalid-Jar-Error-when-installing-...

It sounds like you might have just copied the JAD file onto the phone? That's not going to work.

The easiest thing is to use javaloader on your desktop to install it to a device connected over USB. 

There's a guide on that here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/How-To-Use-Javaloader/ta-p/503201

Tim Windsor
Application Development Advisor II
Please use plain text.
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hello Zakir,

Did twindsor's response solve the issue or are you still having problems? If resolved, can you please Accept as Solution? If not, please let us know.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
zakirhussain3654

Hiii oros,

I got the solution on my end. but i have another problem  track pad is not woring on my project 

Is  any mistak at my end or BlackBerry web work doesn't support.

Please rply me 

One more problem with me Actually i deleted the Ripple emulator from Chrome Extension when i trying to reinstall it give an error for that  I have attache a screen shot after thenError in installing Ripple Emulator i clear the catch and try again i will get same error 

Please provide me the solution because my development is stuck my this problem.

Thanks & Regard
Zakir Hussain
Please use plain text.
oros

Are you using focus navigation mode by chance?
https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/rim_navigation_element_1582456_11.html

That might disable the pointer in your application; generally the pointer should appear.

When you say the trackpad doesn't work, can you elaborate on what doesn't work?

To install Chrome, are you dragging the CRX file into your Extensions screen or trying some other installation approach?

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
zakirhussain3654

[ Edited ]

Yes oros,

I have used the focus navigation in config.xml file .
Can I remove this .

One more question :

Is  necessary to place confix.xml and index.html file in root folder  ( Actually my index file on this path  " web\login\index.html"  and my config.xml file in root folder  when i test my app in ripple it give an error  config.xml not found )

what the issue please help me as soon as possible (Actaully i am not to much aware with blackberry webwrok development  and  on investigation i am not finding the  perfect solution.

Thanks & Regard
Zakir Hussain
Please use plain text.
oros

Indeed, try removing the focus navigation; I think that should get you the navigation you're expecting.

config.xml needs to be at the root folder but index.html can be anywhere. You can safely ignore the config.xml not found message in Ripple. You should be able to eliminate the issue by keeping them both at the root, but it won't actually affect anything during packaging. Ripple is just confused because it doesn't know which parent folder to look in if they're not in the same folder.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
zakirhussain3654

[ Edited ]

Dera oros,

Thanks for suggesstion and I satisfy with your reply .

I need one more help from your side :

I successfully created an OTA  file of my project  and after then I have placed the OTA folder in my Blackberry device but when  I go in OTA folder and click on .jad file it show an option for download and when i click on download it give an error downoad file .  (I got this error in 6.0 device  and 5.0)  but the same project working fine in 7.0 devices. 

Please tell me the valid reason .

Thanks & Regard
Zakir Hussain
Please use plain text.
oros

It sounds like you may have built the application against the BlackBerry 7.0 JRE. If you build with the 7.0 JRE, you can only run on 7.0 (or newer) BBOS versions. You will need to build with the 5.0 / 6.0 JRE and either:

1) Use the 5.0 build for all devices (5.0, 6.0, 7.0, 7.1)l or

2) USe the 5.0 build for 5.0, 6.0 build for 6.0, etc.

Can you confirm whether you packaged with the BlackBerry JDE or the BlackBerry Plugin for Eclipse?

If BlackBerry JDE: Which version of the BlackBerry JDE?

If BlackBerry Plugin: Which BlackBerry JRE version is listed in the project pane?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
zakirhussain3654

Hello oros,

I think you didn't understand my question . My question is that 

I am deploying an HTML 5  application for BlackBerry devices.

When I run the project on ripple emulator is working fine but iI can't see any option that show which jre  used by the project .  Can you tell me how I konw which jre useb by an html 5 project .

Actually  I have successfully deployed an html 5 project on 7.1 version device and its work but on 5.0, 6.0, 7.0 it create problem  "Download failed invalid cod file  "

I have also used the the WebWorks-BB-Win-v2.0 for 5.0 or 6.0 version but i didn't got success

Please provide your valuable suggesstion

Thanks & Regard
Zakir Hussain
Please use plain text.