Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
jerryabv
My Device: device version : 4.6.1.310 (platform 4.2.0.127) 8900 Smart Phone(Edge Wifi)
Accepted Solution

Deployment error when i deploy my hello world application to BB curve 8900 device

I am facing deployment error while i deply  to device Iam using webworks  sdk version : BlackBerry WebWorks SDK 2.3.1.5

Iam using the above said webworks ,windows 8  64 bit system,,When i deploy it in the simulator for other versions i can see the hello world application in the ripple emulator but when i try to search for 8900 device its not listed in webworks platform why is it so?

My device  runs with OS 4.6.1, So how to deploy my hello world application to this 8900 curve device?
if the JDE or jre need to be downgraded to 4.6.1  how to do that ?do i need to change my enviorment variable 

Some one in stack over flow said like this "

You as a WebWorks developer do not deal with BrowserField instance, but your application, to be launched and work, needs this new BrowserField class implementation that supports the necessary functionality.

Older device software does not support the functionality that new BrowserField provides. And due to this fact it is not possible to launch WebWorks application on devices with older OS-es than 5.0.
"So do i need higher version OS to run my helloworld application to my device 

BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Deployment error when i deploy my hello world application to BB curve 8900 device

The BlackBerry WebWorks SDK 2.3.1.5 has a requirement of BlackBerry OS 5.0 due to the new BrowserField object (which was introduced in BBOS 5.0 as you noted.) You will not be able to deploy a WebWorks application to any device that is running a pre-5.0 OS.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.