Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
peardox
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

Dev teams

This is fairly obvious and many of you probably already do this but for those of you who don't...

I work on solo stuff and also group projects

The simple fact is that while I know a huge amount about the technical side of things I completely suck at art.

I've never paid for any art I use in my apps. In fact most of my apps are released by other people (I get profit share)

My art team consist of a very old friend and a guy from Germany I met in the forums when the PB was launching

If I need art for a personal project I just ask and they deliver. It works the other way around - they need some tricky JS or server stuff and I do that for theirs.

We also share some projects. These tend to be the more complex ones that require more time from everyone and we release these under one of my friends accounts. We have contracts to keep everyone happy.

If you're lacking some skill or another (like me with art) I would highly recommend finding and/or creating a little group of people you trust (or end up trusting). As I say, my own team is a friend of many years and some kid I helped in forums. Both are good resources, some of your mates can probably fill in your missing skills and you can find plenty of people in the forums who will help

As long as you can help each other nobody loses

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Please use plain text.
Developer
bert2002
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

Re: Dev teams

I like that idea very much, because I dont know how to create a nice looking logo. But its hard to find people who are willing to share their expertise without seeing some money.

----------------------------------------------------------
find my widgets -> http://blackberry.itbert.de
Please use plain text.
Developer
peardox
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

Re: Dev teams

I'll hook you up with one of my friends

PM me your email and I'll let you work it out

My mate needs more time than I have available so giving you to him relaxes my very busy schedule a bit

My friend is an artist with fairly good web skills so he'll be able to whip you up a logo in next to no time

Sorry - limited time offer everyone else - first come, first served. I don't wanna overload the kid :smileyhappy:

Like the arrangement I'm setting up here you can help each other.

I feel a new thread coming on (spin of this one)

Hit the like button - I'm trying to hit double digits :smileyhappy:

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Please use plain text.