Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
Developer
LBP
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none
Accepted Solution

Developer Events - WebCasts - Registered but then...

Hi there.

In the past I registered to some events to attend webcasts about some WebWorks and BB10 related topics but I couldn't access any webcast because of a missing location/URL to join it. I do not know what is going on there, but it would be really nice if it would work some day. A moment ago I tried to register for some new webcasts next week and hopefully I get some more informations about a location to join the event online.

Hope somebody @RIM can have a closer look at it. I would be really nice to attend such events/webcasts in the future! THX

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.
Developer
ignites
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Developer Events - WebCasts - Registered but then...

I was taught to go to http://www.blackberrydeveloperevents.com/ but I think this link should be on the BlackBerry Developer (Developer.BlackBerry.com) front page as well. Also there is a link to developer events from BB Dev Zone. Its confusing but shouldnt be impossible to find :smileyhappy:

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Developer
Developer
LBP

I already signed up for those events, especially for webworks webcast, but I never got a link/URL to join the webcast then, that is the problem. The invitation email with the appointment was send to my account, but than at the time of the event I wasn't able to join the sessions online.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
twindsor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Bell

I've asked for the events page to be updated so that the Find out More link works after a webcast has happened.

They do get recorded and go up on the respective microsites, but it's not immediate. For example, the HTML5 location is here: 

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/videos

Tim Windsor
Open Source Technical Lead
Developer
Developer
LBP

Thx Tim. I already know this link but I wanted to join the events directly and add my feedback or report issues or ask questions there and it wasn't possible for know, although I registered for events in the past and got the confirmation notification but I wasn't able to join since a live webcast URL wasn't send in the past. I don't know what might be the issue for me!

twindsor

I haven't seen what gets sent to you. There's no link? Do you get an email saying the webcast is starting or something like that?

Tim Windsor
Developer
Developer
LBP

When registered for the webcast event I only get a calendar entry send to my registered email, nothing else until now. I hoped to get an email with the webcast URL to join the event on the day but nothing send later on.

twindsor

I checked with the webcast team and they say that there is a URL but that they've had reports it gets cut off. They will be moving it to the top of the Calendar entry and they are also going to be sending out a reminder email with the link 15mins before the webcast.

That should clear it up nicely.

Tim Windsor
Developer
Developer
LBP

Hi Tim,

I already registered for some events, mainly the Dojo Toolkit event on tuesday and the Enyo.js event on wednesday but again I haven't got a link or any further informations to join the webcast. I also tried to register again using another email for these on tuesday and wednesday and the upcoming BB10 event (NFC, Android) both for today, thursday, but I don't think I will get the informations to join, so it seems nothing has happend.

Can you fix something. I want to join, but it seems to not work for me here. There is only the email with the calendar event but nothing more than.

Developer
ignites
My Device: Bold 9900

LBP wrote:

Hi Tim,

I already registered for some events, mainly the Dojo Toolkit event on tuesday and the Enyo.js event on wednesday but again I haven't got a link or any further informations to join the webcast. I also tried to register again using another email for these on tuesday and wednesday and the upcoming BB10 event (NFC, Android) both for today, thursday, but I don't think I will get the informations to join, so it seems nothing has happend.

Can you fix something. I want to join, but it seems to not work for me here. There is only the email with the calendar event but nothing more than.

I didnt get a link either.

I know they are posting each of the webcasts under the respective development sites (HTML5/Native etc). I was hoping if it was possible for it to have 1 general site as well that has all the links (sort of like the BB Jam Americas webcasts sites). Thatd be nice. =).

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!