Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
ravi1989
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: 0
Accepted Solution

Device 9700 hang when i open application

Hi

i am developing a app .some times when i put this app in devic 9700 . and open it, it will hang.i can't understand why this problem occure . but when i restart my device then application run it will rum.

can yoy please sugges.

thnks

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
chadtatro
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Device 9700 hang when i open application

Hello,

Could you tell us a little more about your app, and what it's doing upon load?

It's possible that when you app loads it may be using a large amount of resources, loading several images, JavaScript files, libraries, etc all at once.

One thing that helped me personally when I was making apps was the bbUI toolkit.  It supports things like loading screen specific JavaScript and CSS rather than loading everything all at once, and is very memory conscious.

Check it out here: https://github.com/tneil/bbUI.js/tree/

Chad Tetreault | App Development Consultant | BlackBerry Developer Relations | developer.blackberry.com | @chadtatro
Please use plain text.
Developer
ravi1989

Hi

i want to show web service data in list after loading screen .Actually when i install first time application on blackberry 9700 . its takes too much time to come splash screen . but when restart again device click application icon  .then it works fine.However same build when i install on os 7.0 then it run very fast without hanging.i don't know why this problem occur.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
ravi1989

can you tell me best devices and os  which is good for phonegap technology without ant hanging problem.

Please use plain text.
Developer
kamal_nigam
My Device: Blackberry 10
My Carrier: Orange

Phonegap support 5.0. it is issue with the css and html. First time it is loading everything so taking time (no cache). 2nd time it is fast coz it some of the things its load form the cache. Check css/html or images and do some performances check of your application 

Thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Press the Accept as solution Button when u got the Solution
Press Kudo to say thank to developer.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Please use plain text.