Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
mauzzamali
My Device: Blackbery Playbook
My Carrier: Aircel

Device Scanning for music files using File API

Hi Folks,

I am working with Blackbery 10 Webworks and I would like to add a feature of scanning music files from device and get their information like artist name, album, etc.

Can this be achieved using HTML5 File API? If yes how can that be done, a small working example would be helpful.

Regards

Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
LBP
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none

Re: Device Scanning for music files using File API

Nice questions, I was also looking forward to such things, but couldn't find anything and also tried all the things below without something like the ID3 informations of a mp3 file or things like that. For now I think the following only can be made:

With the help of the HTML5 LocalFileSystem API you can walk through all the accessable folders on the device and maybe you want to create an index of the files by that. What can be done with a HTML5 File API itself it you can get a file.type as of "audio/mp3", "audio/mp4", ... or something like this. The next thing would be the HTML5 Metadata API for files I would think of, but right now it seems you only get the modificationTime and for my tests it is the same information like in the file.lastModifiedDate attribute. It seems we need another feature request filed to the BB10 WebWorks Framework github repo?!!

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.
Please use plain text.