Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
vipintomer
My Device: 9800 torch

Re: Device memory is Low issue for an WebWork app

How much html pages you are using in your app

And you are developing app with webworks or else what tool you are using is eclipse.

Please describe more and which OS you are targeted for this app.

Thanks

Vipin Tomer

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abumathew
My Device: 9800

We have around 20 html pages in our app. We are using phonegap - we reuse the sample project provided by phonegap to include our html, js, images etc and use the included ant build script to compile the web works app.

We were targetting 5.0, 6.0 and 7.0 with this app.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rassin04
My Device: Bold 9780

Hello,

Could you please tell that which all bundle versions of OS6 have this problem and from which version it is fixed?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abumathew
My Device: 9800

AFAIK all OS 6 bundles show this issue. It is less or non-existent in OS 7

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rassin04

But Mr. Tim Neil, in his very first reply in this thread, had mentioned that "In parallel the Browser team has fixed the root of the issue in upcoming BB6 releases and it has been resolved in BB7". I need the particular bundle version of BB6 release where it has been resolved.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
kwallis
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I am not exactly sure which bundles on OS6 perform better, but as far as I understand, it is not completely resolved in either OS6 or OS7, it is just much less likely to occur.

Ken Wallis - Senior Product Manager, WebWorks and Android Runtime
@ken_wallis
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rassin04

Actually, I'm using latest of Webworks and Phonegap(where weak reference is used for global objects in), and my application is working absolutely fine in OS7, though I change the location of document several times through out my app. But I get the issue in OS6 devices very frequently. It can be either because of lesser memory in OS6 devices or I'm trying in devices with OS6 bundles which has the memory leak in browserfield.

So it would be great if I get that particular bundle version in OS6 where the root cause has been fixed in BrowserField as per Mr. Tim Neil.

Regards,

Nissar Akber

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dhavaln
My Device: Curve 9320

Hi,

We are facing similar issue with OS 6 devices. Our phonegap app is already running in iOS and Android, so we migrated the same app in Blackberry and it works as expectedin OS 7 devices but fails very frequently in OS 6 devices we have. Our OS 6 device was originally OS 5 but upgraded with OS6 version. We are using the latest version of WebWorks and Cordova where the BrowserField refrence issue seems to be resolved.

regards,

Dhaval

Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
roshanfox
My Device: BlackBerry 9300 6.0 Bundle 2342, Blackberry 9220 7.1 Bundle 1137

Hi,

We have devoloped an Application using the frameworks of JQuery,JQuery Mobile and Phonegap.This application uses a "Single page architecture" which is the most recommended method of programming as per this forum.This application is running fine in Android 2.0 + and iOS 4+.We have to run this application in Black Berry 6 and above OS.

When we tested the app in BB OS 6,we are not even able to navigate till 3 pages.First it shows a low memory warning and after one ore two clicks the app exits after displaying a "Sorry" message.I am sure that there are no other applications running in the background.Then we tried it on BB OS 7.Now we have a different scenario.In BB OS 7,our app lasts a bit longer(about 10 to 20 minutes).Then the"PHONE REBOOTS" itself without even showing a warning message.Please note that our app uses only a UI to show data, which is retrieved by web service requests.We are using latest version of webworks sdk.We had tried optimizing the frameworks and stylesheets,but of no use.

Unfortunately we have to release this application very soon to our major client.Now we are stuck with this.Its been THREE years since this forum started discussing on this issue,and its shame to see that RIM cannot get a fix on this.If you cant solve this issue very soon,please announce that Webworks + phonegap will only support very very light  apps.So that no other devolopers will face this issue and commit on a decent sized BB phonegap project and end up having to answer their clients as to why it cant be done.Please relieve us from this situation atleast with a temporary work-around for this issue.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Sreegth
My Device: BlackBerry 9300 6.0 Bundle 2342, Blackberry 9220 7.1 Bundle 1137

Hi all,

I am also experiencing this issue.Phone restart issue in BB OS 7 and Memmory problem in BB OS 6.Hope that RIM will not dissappoint us more.

Sreejith V
Please use plain text.