Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
sabroni
My Device: 1
My Carrier: 2

Re: Device memory is Low issue for an WebWork app

Hi, Realistically it's clear RIM aren't going to be addressing these issues. If you go back a few pages you'll find posts from vipintomer explaining how to tweak the memory maid component of your webworks sdk. You can use this to try and make the garbage collection more aggressive which will help with the memory issues but means every 30 seconds or so the app pauses for a second with a timer while it garbage collects. It's better than crashing. Apart from that you'll just need to cut features out of your apps until they become small enough to work. Reducing the number of images you use is quite helpful and try to keep dom manipulation to a minimum (I know, in a single view app that's pretty tricky!). Also, be aware that once an apps installed once on a handset it never seems to get properly deleted, as we developed we found our handsets gradually got worse and worse at running our apps. If we installed on a handset that had never had the app on before it would run a lot better... Take heart in the fact your app works on other platforms, it's not your code that broken.... Cheers Sab
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vipintomer
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: -

Basically moving from page to page means the DOM gets destroyed and re-created each time and your JavaScript needs to be re-parsed.  For the most performant application this style works best.

If you will not follow the above standerd than you will get memory Low issue as it holds a lot of memory which is limited

for these type of webapps.

Thanks

VIpin

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Sreegth
My Device: BlackBerry 9300 6.0 Bundle 2342, Blackberry 9220 7.1 Bundle 1137
My Carrier: Airtel

As per Tneil's comment its better to inject pages dynamically into a div is far better that changing pages from the dom completely.This is what i am doing in my app using Jquery's SINGLE PAGE ARCHITECTURE.But its not working for me.

Sreejith V
Please use plain text.