Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Devices supporting Wiget applications

can anyone provide a list of devices that currently have the widget platform pre-installed (I assume this would be devices with OS 5)?

can anyone provide a list of devices that can be upgraded to support the widget platform (I assume this would be devices with OS4.6 that can upgrade to OS 5)? 

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Devices supporting Wiget applications

Hi hp3,

I wish I could help you out, but RIM hasn't yet announced all of the new smartphones or in-market ones that will receive the 5.0 upgrade path.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800

There are no devices today that run 5.0 Device Software. The first device(s) to have it will likely be announced and shipped in time for the Christmas season (my guess). It's likely that most devices available today (anything released after the 8700/7130) will likely get the 5.0 upgrade. Again, as was mentioned in the other post - RIM hasn't made any announcements on upgrade availability - mostly because it's not RIM's decision - Carrier's have to release the update.
New Developer
New Developer

what part of the developer area web site will list this information, so I can refer to it later?
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800

It's not a developer thing - it's a Device Software thing. Suggest you stay in contact with your carriers - they'll be the ones to release the updates (usually).
New Developer
New Developer

ok, thanks for the clarification about Carriers making the decision on upgrading existing devices.