Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
diegoforti
My Carrier: Software Developer
Accepted Solution

Display an image of 800 x 168 pixels without losing resolution and size.

Hi,

I'm developing a java web application and I have trouble trying to display an image of 800 x 168 pixels into the 480 x 360 Blackberry resolution. I need the image to be in 800 x 168 without losing resolution and size, so it must be use an scroll bar.

When I put the image into the device, I notice that the blackberry browser change the resolution to a smaller one, so if I specified the size again to be 800 x 168 pixels and the image lose quality resolution.

In the JSP I'm using the meta tags "HandheldFriendly" and "viewport" but not a good result.

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800878/800733/How_To_...

The simulator I'm using,

MDS Service Simulator 1.4.2.

SmarphoneBlackBerry Simulator 9630.

Thank you very much

Please use plain text.
Developer
jwargo
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Display an image of 800 x 168 pixels without losing resolution and size.

It's not the browser that's resizing the image, it's MDS. One of its features is that it resizes images to the screen resolution before sending it to the BlackBerry browser to render. In page mode, you should see the full width - providing you turn off handheldFriendly.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
diegoforti
My Carrier: Software Developer

Re: Display an image of 800 x 168 pixels without losing resolution and size.

Thanks for replying.

And if I have the BlackBerry Device Software 4.5 and SmarphoneBlackBerry Simulator 8110?

HandheldFriendly and viewport meta tag not work with BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800878/800733/How_To_...

and in page mode don't see the entire width of the image.

Thanks jwargo.

Please use plain text.