Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
aolson
My Device: Not Specified

Displaying 5 columns in a web form on a blackberry curve

...above this are a few tables with two columns and they display properly.  When I launch the following code on my blackberry curve in column view it splits it into two columns when I want to display the five columns below to have user input.  In page view it will display the text boxes in five columns but the labels are squished above two of the textboxes.  I can post the .aspx.cs file if need be.

...this forum will not allow me to include the entire code below.

<table style="position: relative; width: 100%; left: 0px; top: 0px;">

<tr>

<td style="width: 16px; height: 40px;">

<asp:Label ID="Label16" runat="server" Style="position: relative" Text="QTY"></asp:Label></td>

<td style="width: 30px; height: 40px;">

<asp:Label ID="Label17" runat="server" Style="position: relative; top: 8px" Text="U.M." Width="36px"></asp:Label></td>

<td style="width: 50px; height: 40px;">

<asp:Label ID="Label18" runat="server" Style="left: -1px; position: relative; top: 0px"

Text="Material Description" Width="51px"></asp:Label></td>

<td style="width: 34px; height: 40px;">

<asp:Label ID="Label19" runat="server" Style="position: relative" Text="Cost (For office use only)"

Width="201px"></asp:Label></td>

<td style="width: 30px; height: 40px;">

</td>

</tr>

</tr>

</table>

<asp:Button ID="btnSubmit" runat="server" OnClick="btnSubmit_Click" Style="position: relative; left: 4px; top: 187px;"

Text="Send E-mail" /></p>

</form>

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Displaying 5 columns in a web form on a blackberry curve

This is expected when using column view.  This view restricts a web page to the width of the BlackBerry screen.  If a table would extend beyond this width, it is wrapped to the next line.

Can you post a screen shot of what you are seeing in page view? What BlackBerry handheld software version are you testing on?  You can find this under Options, About on the BlackBerry Smartphone.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.