Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: no
Accepted Solution

Do not see Blackberry item in New Project of VS2008

Hi,

Here is some information of my machine:

VS2008 9.0.21022.8 RTM

I install BlackBerry Widget SDK beta 3.msi and vs_plugin.31.exe. But there is no Blackberry item in the New Project section. I watch the video and see that they create new web project through that.

I tried to run a sample such as Gears from Sample site section, but it takes about 15 mins to show the simulator and nothing happens except the main screen of the phone simulator.

Please help..

Thanks.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Do not see Blackberry item in New Project of VS2008

Hi there,

Please make sure you you have the Service Pack 1 installed for Visual Studio. 

Within Visual Studio, select "About" from the Help menu.  You should be able to confirm that the BlackBerry Web Plug-in has been setup correctly, and whether SP1 has been installed for the .NET Framework:

vs_about.png

If all is setup correctly, you should see "BlackBerry" Project type should be listed between the left panel of the New Projects window, and when you select it you should see the 'BlackBerry Widget' project type on the right:

new_project.png

Best wishes,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
New Contributor

Hi there,

BlackBerry Widget SDK beta 3 and vs_plugin.31 are already installed, but my screen does not the same as yours. Please help me to make it work.

Thanks,

Hoai An

New Contributor

Hi Adam,

I can make it work, thanks so much. I had to use vs_plugin_10.exe, that's beta2 plug in.

Cheers,

Hoai An