Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Download always fail!

[ Edited ]

I'm having the same issue here in South Africa.

Spend ages downloading only to have it fail and waste my data bundle. WTF!

Why not just provide direct links for downloads so we can use download managers with resume capabilities?

I'm sure this issue has nothing to do with RIM or your content distribution network, and that the problem lies solely with local ISP's. But that's the current state of affairs with internet in Africa. Slow, unreliable and expensive.

Why not just provide direct download links?

I develop for a number of other mobile platforms and I must say the BlackBerry developer platform/program is rubbish in comparison.

It's a constant battle to get things done.Everything from the ridiculous requirements for the alliance program to the BIS restrictions to just even being able to download the developer tools. Why do I need to sign up just to download the tools for example?

I give up! I've decided today that I'm not going to bother with BlackBerry and just rather focus on the other mobile platforms.

Reading through the forum it's obvious that many others are dissatisfied with the way RIM manages its developer program. Making developers jump through hoops to develop for their platform.