If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
drewber78
My Device: Not Specified

ECL Icon - Won't change from the default browser icon

Hello,

I'm new to the whole Browser channel push thing and I'm playing around with the ECL sample that RIM provides.  I'm using the dotNET GUI version and it works quite nicely, except that I'm following the instructions, but that icon for the channel is just the default browser icon and there is no 'unread' indicator as it was demonstrated to me.  Anyone have any ideas? 

I'd like to get this working because there are some web-based interfaces, such as our company directory, that I would like to push out to all my users.  If I can get this working, I will feel bettyer about pursuing more.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Developer
jwargo
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: ECL Icon - Won't change from the default browser icon

The URL for the read and unread icon for the browser push request is included with push request.  Take a look at the source code for the push, you will want to provide a URL for the X-RIM-PUSH-READ-ICON-URL and X-RIM-PUSH-UNREAD-ICON-URL HTTP headers.
Please use plain text.
Developer
jwargo

Did this help?
Please use plain text.
New Developer
pskaarup
My Device: Not Specified

I am having the same problem. nothing above helped. is there a setting on the bb that can cause this?

Please use plain text.
Developer
jwargo

Not really.  When you push the data, you push the two URL's I mentioned in the previous post. When the device gets the push, it immedaitely accesses those icon URL's and pulls down the appropriate icons. As long as the device receives the push and can access the icon URL's, it should work.

Now, if the device is VERY short on available memory, that could be a problem.

Not knowing what you're pushing, I'd have to guess that the URL to the icon file is incorrect - it has to be a FULL URL to the icon file and the icon has to be on a server visible to the BlackBerry device (not the application pushing the data). 

What is the icon URL you are pusing?  Perhaps if you provided the push request or at least the headers.

Please use plain text.