Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
nathanpc
My Device: Torch 9800, PlayBook 64GB, Dev Alpha

EISDIR, illegal operation on a directory

I downloaded the latest WebWorks SDK for BlackBerry 10 today to start porting my apps to the Dev Alpha I got yesterday at the São Paulo BlackBerry 10 Jam. The problem is that everytime I try to compile the Kitchen Sink app with bbwp I get this error:

Nathan-Camposs-MacBook-Pro:blackberry-WebWorks-Samples-0731c56 Nathan$ /Developer/SDKs/Research\ In\ Motion/BlackBerry\ 10\ WebWorks\ beta/bbwp kitchenSink/ -o kitchenSink/
[INFO]    Populating application source
[ERROR]   Error: EISDIR, illegal operation on a directory
Nathan-Camposs-MacBook-Pro:blackberry-WebWorks-Samples-0731c56 Nathan$ 

I'm on Mac OS X 10.7.3 using the beta SDK 1.0.8.

Any suggestions on how to solve this?

If I helped you please click the "Like" button to support my work.
My apps: CherryNotes - Bookmarked - Requests
Social Me: about.me - Twitter
Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: EISDIR, illegal operation on a directory

I've never seen that specific error message, but it seems like it could actually be a permission error.

The SDK tries to create a ZIP file containing the resources of your application.  If your OS is restricting this permission, I might expect the build to fail.  Once the ZIP is created, the SDK may then also create a new output folder for the generated BAR file.

Can you ensure that the following files have all the appropriate permissions to run these actions?

• <sdk install>/bbwp.bat
  • <sdk install>/dependencies/node/node.exe

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.