Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Visitor
My Device: curve 8520

Enable JavaScript on e-mail client

I'm sending a mime type mail, and I would like to click on a button and execute a javascript function.

I tried with a mail test using only the 'alert' command, but the blackberry give me a message. "The javascript isn't enabled on this mobile device".

Does anyone have any idea how can I do this?

PS.: I've enabled the JavaScript on web browser and still don't work!

Thanks!

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Enable JavaScript on e-mail client

I just want to make sure I understand the request...

You are sending an HTML email and you want the user to click on a button in the HTML email and execute JavaScript?

If this is the case, it is not possible on a BlackBerry.  JavaScript functionality is turned off in HTML email.  It cannot be turned on.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
My Device: Blackberry Bold

Re: Enable JavaScript on e-mail client

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem, did it got fixed in new Blackberry Models, can we upgrade the older models to enable this functionality, we actually get html forms as attachments with embedded javascript (to reply to that email automatically with users acton) , so is their a way to accomplish this is native balckberry email client, is their a third party email client that can give me this fuctionality in Blackberry.

Thanks,