Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
Shogobg
My Device: PlayBook
Accepted Solution

Error: Bundle rejected ... while uploading new release. WebWorks/PlayBook

I receive an error while uploading a new release, here is the message:
File bundle (my_app_bar_file.bar) has been rejected. Package ID is required for all .bar file. If this is an upgrade, Package ID must match Package ID in original file bundle.

Please note that I tried all suggestions in other threads.

The signing keys have not been changed.
The package name haven't been changed either.

The latest successfully packaged and uploaded version is from Jan/06 this year.

What should I do to resolve the issue?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Error: Bundle rejected ... while uploading new release. WebWorks/PlayBook

Hi there,

Do you still have access to the original BAR file by chance? If so, could you open both the old and new BAR files with an archive editor (i.e. WinRAR) and navigate to the MANIFEST.mf inside of META-INF and open it with a text editor.

There, you can compare the Package-Name fields and the Package-Author-Id fields; can you please confirm whether either of these have changed? Together these make up the Package-Id being referenced in the error message.

Basically we want to verify whether any of these values are different; as this would indicate where the change would have occurred.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Shogobg

[ Edited ]

A curious thing is that both package-name and package-id differ between previously approved builds(namely build 8 and build 13), even though in build 6 and build 8 they are the same.

In build 13 we changed the index file extension from .htm to .html but we didn't have problems after that.

Can you tell me how package-name is generated?

Edit:

I just saw that the following lines have changed too:

Archive-Manifest-Version: 1.1
Archive-Created-By: BlackBerry Tablet OS BAR Packager 1.0.2

became:

Archive-Manifest-Version: 1.2
Archive-Created-By: BlackBerry Tablet OS Air BAR Packager 1.1.1

Could our problem be due to upgrade of the sdk?

~ Shogo.

Please use plain text.
oros

Hello Shogo,

I do not believe that changing your SDK alone would have this impact, but I've reached out to a colleague who should be able to confirm one way or the other and will let you know once I hear back.

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
oros

Have you by chance changed the name of the ZIP file you are packaging? The package name is derived from that, which would ultimately impact the package ID as well.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Shogobg

[ Edited ]

We always use the same name for the ZIP archive which we will package. Also we couldn't have accidentally changed it because we use a batch script to do it for us and we haven't changed the script since the last successful build.

Edit: it seems for a particular build we've appended the build id to the ZIP name. It is strange though why it worked then and now it doesn't(it gives the error).

I guess we would have to use this package name from now on, instead of the original one.

Thank you for your help.

~ Milen.

Please use plain text.
oros

Hello Milen,

It used to be that App World would accept different Package IDs; but the end result was that an upgrade would be seen as a new application; resulting in two of the same "app" existing on the user's device. For this, and a handful of other reasons, the check is now made upon submission.

My guess is that the changes were always in place, but were only discovered now with a resubmission after the change to App World's verification were implemented.

Please use plain text.