If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
Andrew4Life
My Device: Curve 8900 / Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Error Creating .bar file: [Entry-Point-Icon: file cannot be found in the list of packaged files: icon.png]

So I'm trying to package my app and I'm getting an error when I try to create the bar file.

When I compile with the following app files:
Index.html
load.js
config.xml
icon.png

blackberry-tablet.xml

by using:

bbwp "C:\Development\test.zip" -o "C:\Development"

It gives me the following error:

[INFO]                  Parsing command line options
[INFO]                  Parsing bbwp.properties
[INFO]                  Validating WebWorks archive
[INFO]                  Parsing config.xml
[WARNING]               Failed to find a <feature> element
[INFO]                  Populating application source
[INFO]                  Compiling WebWorks application
[INFO]                  Packaging the bar file
Warning: Cannot find application or default icon
Warning: Unknown category: core.all
Error: Attribute Entry-Point-Icon: file cannot be found in the list of packaged
files: icon.png

If I exclude the blackberry-tablet.xml file, then it compiles with no errors.

the blackberry-tablet.xml file is straightforward: (AAAAAAAAAAAAAA is where my author id is placed)

<qnx>
    <author>My Name</author>
    <authorId>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA</authorId>
    <category>core.all</category>
    <buildId>1</buildId>
    <platformVersion>0.1.0.0</platformVersion>
    <icon>
        <image>icon.png</image>
    </icon>
</qnx>

This is my config.xml file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<widget xmlns="http://www.w3.org/ns/widgets"
        xmlns:rim="http://www.blackberry.com/ns/widgets"
        version="2.0.0.0">

<name>Test</name>

<description>
    A simple test app.
  </description>
<author rim:copyright="2012">My Name</author>
  <rim:orientation mode="landscape"/>

<icon rim:hover="false" src="icon.png"/>
  <icon rim:hover="true" src="icon.png"/>

<content src="index.html"/>

</widget>

I've also tried a config file with the icon.png lines removed, didn't change anything.

Does anyone know what this error is?

Please use plain text.
Developer
rorybarnes
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Error Creating .bar file: [Entry-Point-Icon: file cannot be found in the list of packaged files: icon.png]

[ Edited ]

I don't think you need to include the blackberry-tablet.xml with a WebWorks applications, it pulls everything it needs from the config.xml. Everything you included in that file can be put into the config.xml (https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/ww_developing/code_sample_creating_a_bb_widg...

Edit:

Just double checked: the WW packager (bbwp) creates the blackberry-tablet.xml for you which may be why it is getting confused. So you should be safe leaving it out and moving the items from it to the config.xml using the formats shown in the link above.

--
Rory (@roryboy)
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Andrew4Life

Re: Error Creating .bar file: [Entry-Point-Icon: file cannot be found in the list of packaged files: icon.png]

Alright, I can compile it if I exclude the blackberry-tablet.xml file, but when I try to load it onto the playbook simulator, I get this error:

What does this mean? I got this before and was under the impression I was missing something, hence why I tried to add the blackberry-tablet.xml.

I'm under the impression that all you have to do is zip it, and then package it by using bbwp which will convert it to a bar, I don't need a debug token or anything like that?

So why this error? So confused...

Please use plain text.
Developer
rorybarnes

Correct on the simulator you don't need a debug token.

I haven't seen that error before, so I am hoping someone else can pop in and help you.

You could try using the web inspector to see if it tells you anything (http://devblog.blackberry.com/2011/06/debugging-blackberry-web-apps/)

--
Rory (@roryboy)
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Andrew4Life

Well, it worked on the ripple simulator, but not on the playbook simulator. So I'm thinking it has something to do with packaging it wrong.....

I also tried the web inspector, and couldn't really figure out anything. I've never used web inspector before, but following instructions from your link, I got to the page and it showed a link that said "error". Upon clicking on the link, there was a ">>" link that didn't do anything, and a blank textbox.

I searched all over the web for the error about the permissions and I couldn't find any results....weird.

Please use plain text.
Developer
rorybarnes

Did you use any bb features in your app (access to shared files, camera, etc) that might need a feature line added to your config xml?

--
Rory (@roryboy)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Andrew4Life

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<widget xmlns="http://www.w3.org/ns/widgets"
        xmlns:rim="http://www.blackberry.com/ns/widgets"
        version="2.0.0.0">
<feature id="blackberry.ui.dialog" required="true" version="1.0.0"/>
  <name>Test</name>

<description>
  A simple test app.
  </description>

<author rim:copyright="2012">My Name</author>

<rim:orientation mode="landscape"/>
<rim:permissions>
<rim:permit>access_shared</rim:permit>
</rim:permissions>

<icon src="icon.png"/>

<content src="index.html"/>

</widget>

My app doesn't do anything that requires  permissions for camera or shared files. Still, I tried adding in access for shared files, and it still didn't work. Same error as above....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xavirm
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Iusacell

Hello have you solved this problem with the icon ?

I'm in the same situation, the funny thing is that the icon is declared in the blackberry-tablet.xml as well as in the config.xml.

If you found the solution, I 'd really appreciate if you could share it.

BR,

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Andrew4Life

If I recall correctly, it was because of the filename. You need to make sure the filenames are EXACTLY the same. (case sensitive!)

So

"Icon.png" is not going to be found if you put "icon.png" in the file.

I hope this solves your problem. 

Please use plain text.