Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
TheForgotenOne
My Device: Blackberry Z10
Accepted Solution

Error: Not yet registered to request debug tokens

I wrote my small and simple application in HTML5, and packaged it (without signing) with the ripple emulator (with WebWorks 1), but after trying to install the .bar file through DDPB it gave me the the error '881 no debug token found'. Now I previously already had a debug token on my Z10 but like the nube I am removed it by accident. Now while trying to re-create the debug token,  I encountered the error in cmd, 'Error: Not yet registered to request debug tokens'. I have a author.p12 file, a barsigner.db file, and a new bbidtoken.csk file that I had got trying to troubleshoot, I'm getting lost in all the documentation that Blackberry has provided and probably have a million unnecessary files, could somebody please help me get on track. 

Sorry for the nube-nish, I'm only 13...

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Error: Not yet registered to request debug tokens

WebWorks 1.0 won't support the BBID approach to signing, if you're going that route you'll need to request a new set of CSJ files from the code signing form here:
https://www.blackberry.com/SignedKeys/codesigning.html

When requesting keys, be sure to check this box:
For BlackBerry PlayBook apps or BlackBerry 10 apps developing using a 10.1 or lower SDK or BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK below 2.0.

Within an hour or so, you should receive two CSJ files. Before you start installing them, ensure the directory that houses your keys is emptied out (folders can remain.) I recommend copying any existing files to a "backup" folder just in case, but you don't want any old generated CSK, DB, etc. files getting in the way. If you're not sure which directory, check the "Backing up your files" section here that lists the directories.
https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/v1_0/signing_setup.html

Once emptied, you can use the steps at that URL (at the beginning of the page) to register your CSJ files. Essentially, running the blackberry-signer command to register your keys.

Once that's done, you should be able to generate debug tokens and the such. The important part is to no mix BBID and CSJ files, and that WebWorks 1.0 doesn't support BBID.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TheForgotenOne

Thanks for your  help!

But now I have another problem, when I'm registering my 2 files in CMD I'm entering

'blackberry-signer –register –csjpin ****** –storepass ****** C:\Users\Kyle\keys\client-RDK-*******.csj C:\keys\client-PBDT-*******.csj'

it said 'Enter Passphrase for keystore:'. Now I don't know if this is just my computer but when I go to type my keystore password in doesn't let me enter text, I've tried pasting in text and still nothing.... So I press enter anyway and the error Error: Keystore load: C:\Users\Kyle\AppData\Local\Research In Motion\author.p12 <The system cannot find the file specified> displays. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

-Kyle

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TheForgotenOne

Nevermind, I got the Playbook Visual Aid, and it went like a breezee.
Thanks
Please use plain text.