Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
oliverf1996
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

Error: services temporarily unavailable

When I try to request a debug token, I am getting an error message that says that it failed because the service is temporarily unavailable.

Is this a problem that I can fix? Or does this have something to do with Blackberry?

Also, would it be possible to deploy an app onto a playbook without a debug token?

Please help.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
usr501
My Device: Ripple, LE Z10, Dev Alpha _C, Playbook, Bold 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Error: services temporarily unavailable

as far as I know it has been down for two days now...

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Debug Token creation should not be back online:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/BlackBerry-10-and-PlayBook-signing-out...

If you still see issues, best to follow-up at the linked thread.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
oliverf1996
My Device: Playbook

Okay. I figured out that if you sign the app with the ripple emulator, you do not need a debug token to deploy it.

However, for some reason, in order for it to work, I had to enter "1" instead of "1.0.0.0" as the Bundle Number and I had to press the package button 3 times. The first 2 times, it gave error messages and on the third time, the build was successful. Does anyone know why that is the case?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

The config.xml will contain the major version (i.e. 1.0.0) while the Bundle ID in Ripple is the minor version (i.e. 5) which gets combined into the full version: 1.0.0.5; so for Ripple, you only provide the last digit, while in your config.xml you should have 3 or 4 digits (the 4th will get overwritten.)

As for why it took 3 tries, that I do not know. Were there errors on the first 2? If so, what did it say?

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
usr501
My Device: Ripple, LE Z10, Dev Alpha _C, Playbook, Bold 9900
My Carrier: rogers

oliverf1996 wrote:

Okay. I figured out that if you sign the app with the ripple emulator, you do not need a debug token to deploy it.

However, for some reason, in order for it to work, I had to enter "1" instead of "1.0.0.0" as the Bundle Number and I had to press the package button 3 times. The first 2 times, it gave error messages and on the third time, the build was successful. Does anyone know why that is the case?

I gather its because of no sub folders in the folder. Folder for Device and  folder  for Simulator. I had the same issue:  two error messages then bingo on third it builds

Please use plain text.