Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
gcastelo
My Device: None

Error signing failed, no reason

Hi,

I know this has been discussed a lot but have not found anything like this so here it is. I'm trying to sign a webworks app for bb 7.x and at the end of the signing process just shows [ERROR] Signing failed. No other reason.

The signingtool.jar seems to show all green for every file but at the end just closes and onlys shows that error.

Using -v I get a few warnings but no errors. This is the final output:

No errors.
[INFO] Starting signing tool
[ERROR] Signing failed

Tried to switch to jdk 1.6 but with no sucess though this solved the bug where the tool simply hang..

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Gustavo

Please use plain text.
Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Error signing failed, no reason

Does the application load on a real BlackBerry Smartphone (do you have one to test on)?  If so, the error may be ignored.  I'm not sure why all the COD files would be successfully signed by you still see an error at the end.

Perhaps there is a file system permisison issue where the output files are not allowed to be written.

Do you see anything else wrong with the compiled StandardInstall/* and OTAInstall/* folders?

Finally - if there is any chance you are using the 64-bit version of the JDK. I'd suggest installing the 32 bit version and trying again.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gcastelo

Hi,

I haven't been able to test in a real bb has I don't have one yet, but I think I'll need either standardinstall or oatinstall files right? And those are not being created by the tool.

As for the filesystem, I don't know if there's an issue. I'm running it in on a Mountain Lion and I'm still relatively new to this but I reckon if it was a permission issue it'd popup the permissions dialog?

I'm using java 1.6.0_45 64bit. How can I change to the 32bit version. If I go to Java preferences dialog and drag the 32bit to the top, nothing changes. It's like it's not being saved.

Thank you

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gcastelo

I was able to complete this by switching to windows 8 and installing the windows sdk and jdk 1.6 32bit. Still not sure as to why it doesn't work on mac os.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Are you by chance able to edit the bbwp.properties file for the WebWorks SDK and point it at the 32-bit installation directly?

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gcastelo

I've tried to change that file to point to:

/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Home/bin

/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home/bin

But then when running bbwp I get [ERROR]     <bbwp.exe> Failed to find java.

Anyway to force bbwp to use the -d32 parameter when calling java?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Unfortunately I'm not sure about the -d32 parameter.

I was hoping though that you could try this for the <java> element in bbwp.properties file:
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Home

I believe that would be the equivalent of what my own bbwp.properties file uses:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_31

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gcastelo

Tried that path and was able to run but still have the signed failed error at the end.

I also tried to fool it and add -d32 at the beginning but didn't run.. "Failed to find Java"..

It's very frustating. Everytime I need to build the app I have to boot into windows. 

Any other sugestions?

Thanks

Please use plain text.