08-10-2012 04:37 AM
I have seen somewhat similar problems popup in the forums, but mine is somewhat different.
My app is unable to start for some users with the following message:
Error starting [appname]: Module [appname]-1 atemps to access a secure API.
The usual problem is a packaging problem or lack of signing keys. I did everything correctly, as many other users are installing it without issues. Apparently this happens in just a few models running OS 6.
Im also wondering what the -1 means (have also seen -2 sometimes). I'm using 2 community extentions, could the error be referring to the extensions and not the app itself. I think there might be a compatibility problem with a particular extension and some models.
Any ideas on how to go about this? If I remove the extension I will loose important functionality in the app... probably would be better just to remove OS 6 support, but that leaves many users out
08-10-2012 06:11 AM
"atemps to access a secure AP" this error come due to signing key or you executable does not load into device properly
08-12-2012 02:45 AM
08-13-2012 04:10 AM
Have you seen this post discussing somehow the same issue I think: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-Web
08-13-2012 04:12 AM
08-13-2012 04:16 AM
Thanks for the link, I took a look, but as I said, it is not related with signing.
Seems you need someone from RIM to have a closer look at it. Hoepfully not all of them are on vacation at this time Sometimes very quiet here in the forum!
08-13-2012 04:18 AM
08-14-2012 09:46 AM
>> Error starting [appname]: Module [appname]-1 atemps to access a secure API.
BlackBerry apps on the Java platform are a collection of modules. You may have noticed when you build an app, you get a long list of *.cod files in the OTAInstall directory? Each of these can be a piece of the module.
I believe the "access a secure API" message is a red herring and does not actually indicate a failure in code signing.
I suspect the error you are seeing is related to your use of extensions and the version of the BlackBerry 6 software that the errors are reported on. The Java code within an extension may be failing to run properly on those devices.
Can you provide more specific info about:
1) What extensions are you using?
2) Which device models are the errors occuring on?
3) What version/bundle of the device software are the errors occuring on?
With that we should be able to track down what code may be causing these issues.
08-14-2012 03:31 PM
Hi Adam, thanks for the reply.
So, I'm using the Location Picker(https://github.com/blackberry/WebWorks-Community-A
So far, I had 3 users reporting this kind of error. 2 of them running 9800 and one with 9700, both with OS6.
I disabled the usage of the location picker for users running OS6(tested inside the app while running), but the Notification extension presumably runs on OS6 (at least it says it as been tested on it, both with 9800 and 9700).
08-14-2012 04:43 PM
Adding some extra info:
If I test the app on a 9800 simulator I don't see the error message, but the app hangs with a black screen.
I downloaded the 9700 simulator (bundle 668), and it worked fine. One user reported the error running from the 9700 with AT&T 688, but I can't get that simulator version to try it out myself.