Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
sudeep14
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: Airtel

Error starting xyz: class net.rim.device.api.ui.scrollview was not found in os5

Hi,

I packaged my application in webwork sdk 2.3.0.9, my application has payment module, now when i try to run this application in os5,os6 devices i get

Error starting xyz: class net.rim.device.api.ui.scrollview. 

But after i removed 

<feature id="blackberry.payment" required="true" version="1.0.0.0" />

from my config file the applications seems to work fine.

My application needs both payment and also need to work fine on os5 devices.

Can anyone please guid me through

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
oros
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Error starting xyz: class net.rim.device.api.ui.scrollview was not found in os5

Hi there,

The ScrollView Java API is only supported on OS6+, however the Payment Service should work on OS5.

We'll need to narrow down the exact line of code that is causing that error from occurring. I understand that removing that <feature> prevents the error from occurring, but perhaps there is other code that depended on your Payment calls, and by that code not firing, the error disappears.

Basically, we'll need to narrow down exactly which line of code is causing that error. Would it be possible to provide a basic sample (i.e. no external frameworks, no excess code, etc.) that demonstrates this issue? That would help the community aid you in investigating.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sudeep14

Re: Error starting xyz: class net.rim.device.api.ui.scrollview was not found in os5

[ Edited ]

Hi Erik,

I Tested this with a only 2 file .. index.html and config.xml.. here is my config.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<widget xmlns="http://www.w3.org/ns/widgets" xmlns:rim="http://www.blackberry.com/ns/widgets" version="1.0.0.2">
<name>Some application</name>
<author>Sudeep</author>

<!--
<feature id="blackberry.ui.menu" required="true" version="1.0.0.0"/>
<feature id="blackberry.app" required="true" version="1.0.0.0"/>
<feature id="blackberry.widgetcache" required="true" version="1.0.0.0"/>
<feature id="blackberry.widgetcache.CacheInformation" required="true" version="1.0.0.0"/>
<feature id="blackberry.system" required="true" version="1.0.0.0"/>
<feature id="blackberry.system.event" required="true" version="1.0.0.0"/>
<feature id="blackberry.app.event" required="true" version="1.0.0.0"/>
<feature id="blackberry.invoke.BrowserArguments" required="true" version="1.0.0.0"/>
<feature id="blackberry.invoke" required="true" version="1.0.0.0"/>
<feature id="blackberry.ui.dialog" required="true" version="1.0.0.0"/>
-->

<feature id="blackberry.payment" required="true" version="1.0.0.0" />
<rim: permissions>
<rim: permit>read_device_identifying_information</rim: permit>
</rim: permissions>

<access subdomains="true" uri="*"/>
<icon rim: hover="false" src="imgs/bbIcon.png"/>
<content src="index.html"/>
<rim:loadingScreen backgroundImage="imgs/bbSplashBg.png" foregroundImage="imgs/bbSplash.png" onFirstLaunch="true">
<rim:transitionEffect type="wipeIn" direction="left"/>
</rim: loadingScreen>
<rim: connection>
<id>TCP_WIFI</id>
<id>TCP_CELLULAR</id>
<id>WAP2</id>
<id>WAP</id>
<id>MDS</id>
<id>BIS-B</id>
</rim: connection>

<!--<rim:smileysurprised:rientation mode="portrait" />-->

</widget>

my index.html loolks something like this

<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
I am running fine on this device
</body>
</html>

yet i am geting the same issue as above... let me know if i am doing any thing wrong

Regards

Sudeep K S

Please use plain text.
oros

Hello sudeep,

I just noticed in your initial email you indicated that you are using WebWorks SDK 2.0.3.9, however there is a newer version (2.3.1.5) available for packaging BBOS / WebWorks applications:

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/download/#smartphones

I have a feeling that this is a result of a mis-use of the scrollview component in the Payment APIs in SDK 2.0.3.9, but should likely be fixed in the newest version.

Can you please download the newest Smartphone WebWorks SDK and attempt packaging with that, then confirm whether you still see issues?

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sudeep14

Hi Erik,

Tried with the latest sdk(2.3.1.5), issue is still observed also tried with 2.2.0.15, again the same issue, is there any other way to get it done, i have tried it across all the system here. is there any other way to get the payment api working in these devices.

Regards

Sudeep K S

Please use plain text.
oros

Hello Sudeep,

I just tested the following sample based on the code you provided and have reproduced the issue.

config.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<widget xmlns="http://www.w3.org/ns/widgets"
		xmlns:rim="http://www.blackberry.com/ns/widgets"
		version="1.0.0.0">

<name>Payment</name>
	<author>Oros</author>
	<content src="index.html"/>

<feature id="blackberry.payment" />
</widget>

index.html

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
	<head></head>
	<body>
		I am running fine on this device.
	</body>
</html>

I packaged the application using Ripple 0.9.10, with my configuration set as follows.

Untitled.png

Specifically, I used the BBOS Smartphone SDK, BlackBerry WebWorks SDK 2.3.1.5.

The device I tested on was a BlackBerry Bold 9900, running OS 5.0.0.900 (Bundle 1626, Platform 5.2.0.89). Specifically, the most recent Rogers software for the device available here.

The result on launching the application was failure:

1.png

I've escalated this to our development teams for review and will follow-up with their response.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sudeep14

Hi Erik,

Thank you for this update, I am sure we can find solution to the same since payment is important part of any application development

Regards

Sudeep K S

Please use plain text.
oros

Hello Sudeep,

So our awesome payment guy (Garett Beukeboom) has made some modifications to the payment APIs in an attempt to get this working on OS5; the main changes were including a newer version of the Payment SDK in place of the one that's packaged with the WebWorks SDK by default.

I've attached blackberry.payment.zip to this message, and was hoping you could test it out in your environment to see if you get better results (quick testing here has eliminated the ScrollView issue, but we haven't been able to do extensive payment integration testing yet.)

Basically, you want to replace the current contents of:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK 2.3.1.5\ext\blackberry.payment

With the contents of the ZIP file (I would recommend backing up the existing blackberry.payment folder before replacing it.)

Then, when you package your COD file, it should use the updated library instead.

Could you give this a shot and let me know how it goes? I would recommend re-testing on all your target devices as well just to ensure the behaviour is still as expected. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sudeep14

Hey Erik,

Thanks for the update, I tested it in simulator and in one devices (os5) , will do a through check and will update on the same

Regards

Sudeep
Please use plain text.