Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Not Specified

Error when Running PhoneGap Sample Application

[ Edited ]

I got one error in console when I bulid the PhoneGap sample application

BUILDING abc
cmd.exe /c bbwp E:\BlackBerry_WebWorks\Sample_Projects\abc\build\abc.zip /o E:\BlackBerry_WebWorks\Sample_Projects\abc\build
[INFO]      		Parsing command line options
[INFO]      		Parsing bbwp.properties
[INFO]      		Validating application archive
[ERROR]     		Invalid application archive - resource name is not valid(.tmp_index.html.10477~)
BUILD EXITED WITH 1 ERROR

I get this error when I change the content in "index.html" . If I do some modificatiion(like adding one line or adding a charector) and saved it and want to build it again then it shows the above type of message;

If I change the index.html  in 5 times it create ".tmp.index.html" in 5 times in the "ApplicationName.zip" file which is stored in build directory.

see the below image:

somthing.png

Here abc.zip, "abc' is my sample application; I changed the "index.html" 3 times then when I delete the old "build" file and re-build the application then I got like the above image; in my build file of that perticular application;

Means I get THREE .temp.index.html   files

I saw this link:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/Invalid-application-archive-reso...

But I didn't get any solution over there; Main problem I am getting is when I modifying the "index.html' file.

Give my suggession for this problem.

=================================================================================
Feel free to click LIKE button if the solution helps you;
--
Regards,

ALI SHAIK.