Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry 8520
Accepted Solution

Error while trying to test my html5 app for Tablet on playbook simulator .It says "Insufficient permission to access the file"

[ Edited ]

Playbook simulator error.jpg

Developer

Re: Error while trying to test my html5 app for Tablet on playbook simulator .It says "Insufficient permission to access the file"

Iam trying to test my html5   sample app  created  fior Tablet/playbook on the playbook simulator.

I have followed the instructions for Downloading the simulator  ,webworkd sdk for playbook etc  from

http://developer.blackberry.com/playbook/html5/download/

Download and install the VMware Player from www.vmware.com/download/player. Verify that you have 8 GB of available hard disk space or more, and at least 2 GB of RAM.

Do not choose the Create a New Virtual Machine option to complete this task.

1. On the VMware Player Home screen, click Open a Virtual Machine.
  2. On the Open a Virtual Machine screen, navigate to the folder where you installed the BlackBerry WebWorks SDK.
  3. In the bbwp/blackberry-tablet-sdk/BlackBerryPlayBookSimulator-<version> subfolder, click theBlackBerryPlayBookSimulator.vmx file.
  4. Click Open.
  5. Click Play virtual machine.
  6. After the simulator starts, in the Password field, type playbook.
  7. Click OK.
When I click  Play virtual machine

Iam seeing the error as                   

Playbook simulator error.jpg

Developer

Re: Error while trying to test my html5 app for Tablet on playbook simulator .It says "Insufficient permission to access the file"

My problem solved when I run the vmware player as admsisnistrator .

Regular Contributor
My Device: z10

access with addministrator previllage..

Since your questions was solved and I was able to assist. I would appreciate if you would LIKE my post, this would help me greatly on this forum!