Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
patrickcatanzariti
My Device: BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha
Accepted Solution

Every app gets stuck on splash screen?

Hi everyone!

I'm having a bit of difficulty testing my app on the simulator. I can deploy apps to the simulator successfully (which was great to see, inner happiness when that happened!). However every app I deploy, even the HelloWorld default application, gets stuck on the splash screen when I click to open it. It stays on that splash screen and then eventually closes the app.

Is this a common issue? I've searched around and nobody else seems to be having the same difficulties?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Patrick

Developer
TheFlowFX
My Device: Playbook 16GB

Re: Every app gets stuck on splash screen?

Impossible to diagnose without any code.

Can you post how your config.xml file looks like?

If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

New Contributor
patrickcatanzariti

The following is the default config.xml that comes with the HelloWorld application. It has the same issue, every app i've tried has the same issue:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<widget xmlns="http://www.w3.org/ns/widgets"
xmlns:rim="http://www.blackberry.com/ns/widgets"
version="1.0.0.5" id="helloworld" xml:lang="en">
<author href="http://www.example.com/"
rim:copyright="Copyright 1998-2012 My Corp">My Corp</author>
<name>helloWorld</name>
<content src="index.html"/>
<feature id="blackberry.identity" required="true" version="1.0.0.0"/>
</widget>

Developer
TheFlowFX
My Device: Playbook 16GB

That seems fine. Have you tried deploying onto actual device? It might be a problem with the simulator.

If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

New Contributor
patrickcatanzariti

I'm struggling to get my alpha device to work too.

The closest I got to getting it to load on my BB Alpha device was getting this error when I was deploying to it "Error: Failed to create application process: No such file or directory"

The best advice I could find online was that people upgraded their OS. So I'm in the process of upgrading my alpha to a newer version but am now having issues with verifying my BlackBerry ID on the upgraded device. The infinitely spinning loading wheel.

New Contributor
patrickcatanzariti

Okay! I've got it opening up the app on my alpha device. But it's still stuck on the splash screen...

Is there any way to debug what is happening in that splash screen? It doesn't come up with any error messages... just like the alpha simulator :/

New Contributor
patrickcatanzariti

I've resolved my issue after a while of debugging! It appears there was something wrong with the version of the SDK I had installed, I completely uninstalled the version I had and then installed the latest version from the BlackBerry site. Issue now resolved and I have my app running on the test device!

Hooray :smileyhappy: