Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

rach32
My Device: Tablet
My Carrier: Orange

Failed to decrypt keystore

Oh Snap! Build request failed with message: [ERROR] Signing failed Failed to decrypt keystore, invalid password

I tried the passwords that I had used in this command but with no luck;

blackberry-signer -register -csjpin <pass1> -storepass <pass2> .csj .csj

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
apatheticresistance
My Device: currently a non-user
My Carrier: WIND

Re: Failed to decrypt keystore

I've also got this problem, but using the WebWorks SDK via the Mac OS X Terminal. I can use bbwp to create a .bar file. But if I try to use bbwp to simultaneously sign the .bar, it fails with the message "Failed to decrypt keystore, invalid password". 

I *just* installed everything to start code signing, so I know I'm inputting the exact same keystore password (I can still see the install command in my terminal). Any idea why I'm getting this error?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
apatheticresistance
My Device: currently a non-user
My Carrier: WIND

In my case, I think something happened when I first registered the keys, because I initially had an error but later got the servers to register my keys. Unfortunately, I changed my storekey halfway, thinking that the first attempt had failed and that I should choose something more secure (a randomly generated password instead). 

So I deleted the old files (located in Library/Research in Motion on my mac), requested new keys, and registered them successfully. I have been able to sign apps with these keys.

Basically, start over with fresh keys. I could do this because I haven't yet submitted the app. Beware that if you already have an app in the App Zone, and you change your signing keys, you will no longer be able to update the same app (afaik). 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
djreyes
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Orange

No resolution to this then? I'm getting the same error when using the Ripple Chrome extension. I know the password is correct because I just used the password to sign an app through Android Runtime online, so it really can't be wrong.

DJ Reyes
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
supaweb
My Device: Blackberry 9790
My Carrier: MTS RUS

requested new keys. they are working now.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Solas_alok
My Device: BB10
My Carrier: ghha

I tried to signed my HTML5 apps using ripple ,command promnt and also the graphical tool of blackberry,still getting the same error "Failed to decrypt keystore".I have tried with 10-12 different keys ,Please help me out .

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

That means your password is incorrect.  If this is a first time setup and you are trying to create all new keys with a new password, make sure you remove all files described here:

Backup and Restore BlackBerry Code Signing Keys

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.