Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

donoskaro
My Carrier: Virgin

Failure 881: Application Author does not match debug token author

Hey Guys, I am a newbie at developing software and don't know anything about other languages except from HTML and CSS so I decided to try to program apps to see how it works and if it's the right think for me. I have received my "keys" for the playbook and generated and upload the Debug Token. My first idea was to put the Hello World application (which I copied from the BB website) on to my playbook to see if everything is working but everytime I try to upload the application I get "Failure 881 application author does not match debug token author"

I have tried some troubleshooting myself (Making another Debug Token, Adding the <author> and <authorId> to the config.xml and making a blackbery-tablet.xml with those fields in) and still nothing. Do you guys know what's going on and what I should do to resolve this problem so I can upload my apps to my playbook?

Thanks,

Oskar

Please use plain text.
donoskaro
My Carrier: Virgin

Re: Failure 881: Application Author does not match debug token author

Does anyone know how to solve this? I really want to use the apps :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
nikmaster
My Carrier: MTS

I had similar issue. Check that  in blackbery-tablet.xml <author> and  <authorId> fields are correct.

To get the right values for those fields just rename your packed .bar file to .zip, then unarchieve it. There will be manifest.mf file in META-INF folder. Open it with notepad. Grab <author> and  <authorId> values from there and rebuild your app.

If that does not help, then rebuild debug token and make sure you install it on the device. Debug token needs to have correct device pin.

Please click the Thumbs Up icon if this comment has helped you! If your issue is resolved, please click the solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Developer
The_Anomaly

There is an easier way... and maybe just another solution.  I had this problem before and recall changing the bbwp.properties file to get it to work.

For more help check out this page:

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/runnning_unsigned_apps_using_a_debug_token_1866...

Copied from that page:

For PlayBook OS apps

1. In the BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for BlackBerry Tablet OS installation folder, navigate to thebbwp\bin folder.
  2. Using a text editor, open the bbwp.properties file.
  3. Add the path to the debug token file by using <debug_token> tags.
    <debug_token>path to debug token file</debug_token>

Example: bbwp.properties file with path to debug token file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wcp>
<additional>-quiet</additional>
<java>C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.1.0\jre</java>
<wcp_template>AirAppTemplates</wcp_template>
<air_template>AirAppTemplates</air_template>
<tablet_sdk>C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.1.0\bbwp\blackberry-tablet-sdk</tablet_sdk>
<extension_repository>ext</extension_repository>
<debug_token>C:\my_debug_token.bar</debug_token>
</wcp>

You can now load your debug-enabled application on a BlackBerry device without having to sign it

If it helped you, click like. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ptongalex
My Carrier: -

thanks a lot !!! you`re awsome
Please use plain text.