Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
Arabianhorse
My Device: Blackberry Playbook, Torch 9850

Failure message.

Help.  I have properly installed my code signing key and have attempted to create bar files.  There are no problems with any created but when I try to install them into my playbook I get this error message for each one:

Result: failure 881 required signatures missinng RDK, Author).  I believe I have given the right author name.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Developer
rorybarnes
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Failure message.

What command are you running to build the app?

--
Rory (@roryboy)
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Please use plain text.
Developer
supraking
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Having the same problem here. Fresh keys, created, no problems. Trying to deploy to my BB10 Dev Alpha device via Ripple and getting an 881 error (RDK, author). Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Arabianhorse

I fixed this error. I ran the configure portion of the BB Graphical Aid and asked for a new certificate. I did not ask for new keys. I didn't have to. Building a new certificate solved the problem. 

Hope this helps. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
supraking

Tried this. Created a new certificate, worked just fine. Went back to Ripple, tried to build, same 881 error. This is what happens when there's such a complex process in place to develop and sign apps. Plugins on top of SDK's on top of more SDK's. Had NO problems signing last month, now when I'm trying to do it with the new WebWorks for BB 10 app, I'm having issues. Disappointing.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Arabianhorse

I am not sure where to go next.  All of my effort went into altering apks for the PlayBook.  It should be the same for the new OS 10 phones.  Ask for Mark Sohm.  He administrates the Support Forum.

Please use plain text.
Developer
supraking

I seem to have had some strange success. I have been manually incrementing the build number in my config.xml file and in the Ripple packager, then building and signing with Ripple. I then use the Graphical Aid to load to my dev alpha, and it works. Very strange behaviour, I imagine Ripple is not providing the proper parameters to the signing script, or something to do with the build number is screwy. Weird but working, albeit not very fun :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Developer
Rcjuk
My Device: N/A

[ Edited ]

The problem I have seen is that when you click "package and sign" in ripple, it will sign it just fine. However, if you specify the IP of the actual physical alpha device and click "package and launch" it will attempt to install the simulator bar file if you look closely at the node instance. Example:

C:/Program Files/Research In Motion/BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.0.7/dependencies/tools/bin/blackberry-deploy.bat" -installApp -launchApp -device 192.168.0.9 -password 1234 "C:/Builds/app/simulator/myApp.bar"

You have to run this command manually in the command prompt and change it to be like this:

C:/Program Files/Research In Motion/BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.0.7/dependencies/tools/bin/blackberry-deploy.bat" -installApp -launchApp -device 192.168.0.9 -password 1234 "C:/Builds/app/device/myApp.bar"

Then it works just fine.

Please use plain text.
Developer
supraking

Ah, don't know why I didn't catch that. So it's trying to deploy the simulator version of the BAR, which I guess is unsigned? I'll take a look at mine and report back if this is what's really going on. Thanks!!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Rcjuk
My Device: N/A

That's right. I guess we can let them off, it's beta.

Please use plain text.