Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Failure message.

Package & Sign - applies code signing keys to your compiled app.  Use this for producing your "production build"

Package & Launch - DOES NOT sign your app.  This features is intended to be used to deploy an app to a simulator, or to a live device that has a debug token installed.

Perhaps the wording for these buttons need to be improved to help developers clarify the results of these features?  If you would like to submit any suggestions / feedback, please feel free to file an issue for Ripple here: https://github.com/blackberry/Ripple-UI/issues

Agreed code signing in general can be a painful process.  Fortunately TabletOS/BB10 code signing key setup and use is a lot less effort than the older Smartphone SDK.  

Yes you can have multiple keys installed (*.p12 and *.csk files) on your system.  However, making sure that Ripple is using the correct ones is certainly important.  The paths that Ripple uses to find these keys are documented here:

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/ww_publishing/Signing_setup_BB10_apps_200839...

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Please use plain text.
Developer
supraking
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Failure message.

Adam, thanks for clarifying. I think that the order of the buttons creates an assumption about what they do, it's a progression of sorts, i.e. Step 1: Package. Step 2: Package and Sign. Step 3: Package, Sign, and Launch. Perhaps simply putting package and sign as the third option would help clarify that package and launch is not the "final" step to deploying an app. You may also want to name it "Package and Simulate" or "Package and Test Launch".
Please use plain text.