Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Software Developer

File Dialog and Alerts are in Background on Playbook

Hi,

if I open an alert or a file dialog (extension) in WebWorks it is often (not always) opened in background. That means the user can't see the dialig. Only while closing you can see it a little bit. I think it has something to do with focus because it's only a problem when opening it in a button onclick.

any ideas how to prevent this?

regards

Developer

Re: File Dialog and Alerts are in Background on Playbook

The "customAskAsync" sample from documentation lags of the same problem. Is this a general bug? I didn't got this issues with OS 1.0.

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/html5/apis/blackberry.ui.dialog.html#.customAskAsync

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Do you have code that can reliably recreate the issue? I have a similar issue but I can't reliably recreate it which means it isn't a great test case. If you do, open an issue for the webworks team so they can have a look at it. http://us.blackberry.com/developers/resources/issuetracker/

--
Rory (@roryboy)
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I'm facing the same problem. We have quite some webwork apps in development but now we just have to postpone the releases. We tested it and the following dialogs have the problem:

- A dialog generated from an air extension

- javascript alert dialogs

- BlackBerry webworks custom dialogs

We tried to fix it by changing focus in javascript of the current window (we tried a lot) but sometimes the dialogs still show up behind the app.

The problem is quite hard to reproduce. We had a test app with a button to show a webworks custom dialog. Sometime when you start the app the dialog will show up behind and sometimes it just shows fine. We just started, pressed button, closed, started, etc. Nothing changed during that time on the system but still randomly the app decided to show the dialog behind the app.

We even had a time when we thought we fixed it since it worked 80 times and on 81 it showed up behind again..

Playbook OS 2.0.1.358

Would be great if someone could fix it or explain how we can fix it.

Thanks.

Regards,

Sander

Highlighted
Developer

hi Sander,

do you have a loadingScreen while starting your application? Try to remove it. This "solved" the problem for me.

There is an issue for this in github:

https://github.com/blackberry/WebWorks-TabletOS/issues/55

regards

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Levion, thanks. That seems to fix it, however now we can't show the loadingscreen anymore. Well, most users probably won't find that a problem Smiley Happy

Thanks again.

Regards,

Sander