Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
khangtranhcmut
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Dauden

First Application tutorial not working

Hello everyone,

I am starting to use Webworks to develop apps for playbook and it seems that the first step is troublesome. I have followed the first tutorial on making the hello world application with geolocation.

On the ripple emulator, it works fine. But when I install the app on the playbook (using debug token), it is not working with the geolocation. There is no prompt at the first launch that asks the user to allow access to gps or something like that. and when I touch the button "Get coordinates", no thing happened.

I hope some body can help me figure what is wrong with this. There is no error message to show, it is just not working, nothing happened. 

One more thing if it could help, when I used the command line to install the app, I have to do it twice in order for the app to be successfully downloaded to the playbook.

Thanks very much for any help.

Khang.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Zukka
My Device: PlayBook 64 Gb and Z10 LE
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: First Application tutorial not working

Check your config.xml for permission https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/update_your_config.xml_file.html 

and ..the GPS on Playbook is NOT fast.. Use your App under wifi near a open windows

If U like my post click on LIKE :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
khangtranhcmut

Thanks, Zukka.

I figured out that the permission request only appears for the very first time the app is launched, even when I uninstall and then reinstall the app, the request would not appear again. That is to my understanding.

The GPS thing is still not working.For the record, I am sitting next to my window when testing the app. Maybe the GPS does not work that well.

I still do not know why I need to do the installApp command two times for my apps to be successfully downloaded to PB. Two weeks ago, everything worked fine, but after the debug token expired then errors sometimes occur during the installation process.

If you know what could cause this issue and how to solve it, please let me know.

Thanks very much.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Zukka

When you deploy you return errors in the log?
For checking your GPS use GPS Test from App World (download is free)

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/104160

If you can do a screen capture, or copy and paste the console during deployment.. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
khangtranhcmut

Thanks Zukka, the GPS works very well and so does the Hello World with geolocation app. All I did was to go outdoor instead of sitting next to the window.

Below is the command line that I used to install the app. 

D:\Blackberry\WebworksSDK\bbwp\blackberry-tablet-sdk\bin>blackberry-deploy -inst
allApp -password 123456 -device 169.254.0.1 -package D:\Blackberry\WebworksProje
cts\HelloWorld\bin\HelloWorld.bar
Info: Sending request: Install
Info: Action: Install
Info: File size: 419651
Info: Installing ...
Info: Processing 419651 bytes

D:\Blackberry\WebworksSDK\bbwp\blackberry-tablet-sdk\bin>blackberry-deploy -inst
allApp -password 123456 -device 169.254.0.1 -package D:\Blackberry\WebworksProje
cts\HelloWorld\bin\HelloWorld.bar
Info: Sending request: Install
Info: Action: Install
Info: File size: 419651
Info: Installing ...
Info: Processing 419651 bytes
Info: Progress 100%...
actual_dname::HelloWorld68e19f0f4ca72a15e05cc22786f8e6.testDev_cc22786f8e615e3ed
d7
actual_id::testDev_cc22786f8e615e3edd7
actual_version::1.0.0.0
result::success

As you can see, the first time I run the command, it stops at Processing 419651 bytes, I have to run the command again for it to work, and this happens all the time, I do not know what causes it. It just happened recently.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Zukka

If you deploy another Apps, you have the same problem?

So, when you build the App, you have warning or error in build?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
khangtranhcmut

Yes, all the apps have the same problem. I have to do the command twice. The build and packaging process go smoothly without any warning or errors.

Please use plain text.