Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: os 5 and above
My Carrier: developer

Fix the screen in webworks

Dear All

We are  developing  blackberry webworks application for PLAYBOOK , in that some pages are fixed correctly in the screen and some pages are not fixing correctly  if  iam drag the screen horizontally or verticlely its draging with some grey color background . Please help to fix all screens without drag.

Thanks

Siva

Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Not Specified

Re: Fix the screen in webworks

Hi Siva,

This is because the HTML page is having either horizontal or vertical scroll bars. Vertical Scroll bars can be avoided by fixing the vertical height equal to device height and making the inner content height scrollable using CSS property overflow-y. Horizontal height can be due to padding/margin applied to page styles.

Thanks

Praveen

Contributor

Thanks praveen.

Contributor

Hi Praveen

We are developing a Blackberry webworks application for PLAYBOOK, in the playbook device application is working fine in potrait mode when i am rotating the device to landscape mode image size and font size changing( font size and images are becoming big) and reverse also same(when iam rotating from landscape to potrait font and images are changing). So, please help me how to fix in both modes same(font size and image size).

Thanks

Siva

Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

HI,

It is always better to do your design for pages using percentage for CSS so that is automatically adjusts with the screen size. If you still couldn't get it fixed, then any particular orientation can be fixed using this code in your config.xml file

<rim:orientation mode="landscape" />