Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook, 9900

Focus Navigation on a Bold 9900 device

I've build 2 WebWorks apps for BlackBerry SmartPhones supporting versions 5.0 and above but I can't get the focus based navigation to work - at all on my Bold 9900.

The exact same code works fine on a Curve 9300.

I have the required tag in my config.xml file:

<rim:navigation mode="focus"/>

and I've tried all possible variations of adding the special attributes to make elements navigable (although I just want hyperlinks to work e.g. <a> tags):

<a href="blah" x-blackberry-focusable="true">click me</a>

all of the links are clickable from the touch screen, but I can't scroll to them and others I've shared my app with confirm on their Bold 9900's that the thumbscroll doesn't work there either.

If I can't find a solution to this I supose I'm going to try and "rol-my-own" focus based navigation on the page by tracking mouse movements... but I'd hate to expend the effort if there is a catch to making this work.

My WebWorks SDK/Tools might not be the very latest (less than 12mo. old but I haven't updated religiously) if there were any known bugs in previous versions I can certainly update if that will help.

Any ideas?

PlayBook Apps: DataMine, Dots + Boxes, 5 Marbles
BlackBerry SmartPhone Apps: 5 Marbles Soon: **** (D.Z.A), ****Quest, **** Challenge, VaultCracker, DevBrowser, Radial****
Developer
My Device: Z10

Re: Focus Navigation on a Bold 9900 device

Developer

[ Edited ]

Thanks Pumano- but I should have clarified that is exactly what I'm doing... and it works fine on older devices but fails on Bold 9900.

e.g. these are both in my config.xml

<rim:navigation mode="focus"/>
<feature id="blackberry.ui.dialog" required="true" version="1.0.0.0"/>

BlackBerry SmartPhone Apps: 5 Marbles Soon: **** (D.Z.A), ****Quest, **** Challenge, VaultCracker, DevBrowser, Radial****
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

I'd like to know the fix to this too
Developer

I'm going to peek into "rolling my own" implementation this weekend... if I don't find an ideal magic solution... I'll post the code back here for others...

Developer

It also looks like there has been some recent work on focus navigation that I see here in closed milestones...

https://github.com/blackberry/WebWorks/issues/49

I wonder if these improvements will "solve" my issue?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

I believe this comit is already a part of the current WW release right?