Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Force RTSP/RTP interleaved (RTP over TCP) on BlackBerry device

I am the CTO of Wowza Media Systems and we create the Wowza Media Server for media streaming to computers and mobile devices. We are interested in streaming to the BlackBerry device. We can stream to the device using RTSP/RTP. The problem is that the RTSP negotation always results in the RTP packets being sent over UDP which can be a problem when streaming through firewalls. Is there some way to force the player to use RTSP/RTP interleaved (RTP over TCP)? I have tried using urls in the form rtspt:// but the player returns the error "The protocol specified is not supported by the handheld. Please try a different URL".

Charlie

Contributor
My Device: Storm9530
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Force RTSP/RTP interleaved (RTP over TCP) on BlackBerry device

Do we have an official RIM technical support here? Where are them? I hope to know this as well.

Where can we reach the official supports? Thanks

Developer
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

I was under the impression that rtsp:// protocol was supported by the blackberry devices?!? Now i'm confused.

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: SingTel

We have built-in logic that seamlessly handles this based on network conditions, as long as the server supports the respective protocols:

When streaming over Wi-Fi: The device always tries TCP first, if the server doesn’t support it, we then fall back to UDP.

When streaming over Cellular: The device always tries UDP first, if it is blocked then it tries TCP.

Sarim
BlackBerry Development Advisor
www.BlackBerryDeveloper.com
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold

Hi saziz Is the built-in logic (UDP/TCP switching for Rtsp streaming) supported for all the blackberry devices and from the OS 4.3 onwards?

I am using Blackberry 9700 and 9600. I am unable to play a video stream using rtsp protocol across the firewall, but the same video stream can be played on Blackberry device without firewall.

(in both cases the device is connecting over Wi-Fi; Streaming server is Darwin Streaming Server; Streaming protocol is RTSP).

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I am facing the same issue -

Is there a way to force/ know if the built in logic of failed over to TCP /IP from on the device .

I am trying using version 5.0.7.... Tour 9630

I will appreciate a response from BlackBerry on this.

Thanks,

Tarun

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi thr,

I want to automatically receive TCP data and not UDP data when I am on GPRS.

Is there any way to instruct player to get TCP data automatically?

expecting some replies