Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
mikeoder
My Device: Not Specified

Formatting the Current Selection Indicator

Is there any way to style the current selection indicator and styling on anchors? Specifically in the 8800 series Blackberry Browsers when you mouse over an image, the browser highlights it with a dashed line, when you mouse over a select box it is highlighted with a black border, and when you mouse over a link it is highlighted with a teal background. Is there anyway to modify the styling of these elements when they are selected?
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Formatting the Current Selection Indicator

hello,

for links you should try the a:hover and a:active CSS pseudoclasses.
for images and input, I think you should try a onfocus="" attribute with a bit of javascript to set the class="" attribute.

that is modifications you have to do on the website, they are not client-side.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Developer
pixelwiz
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Formatting the Current Selection Indicator

I'm having a similar problem.

I tried a:hover and a:active, but it doesn't seem to have any affect.  The selected links are still white with gray box around it (I'm using this on a black background with yellowish links so it would be easier to see outside in the sun where the web app will be used).

Does anyone know how to actually change the color of a link that's selected?  

Also, when selecting an input field or drop-down list it puts a black outline around the object.  Well on a black background, that doesn't work too well, so I had to make the background of those TDs gray.  But I would like to make that highlight color a bright yellow as well.  Any suggestions?

Thanks