Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
wmatt
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

Frame Busting

I'm currently using PolarMobile's ChildBrowser extension to deal with sites that break out of iframes. It basically creates an instance of QNXStageWebView. This solves the framebusting problem, but the performace of the child browser isn't great (specifically if there is flash content involved).

Has anyone come up with another solution for dealing with frame busting?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
chadtatro
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Frame Busting

I've used their ChildBrowser extension and found it to perform well. Which OS version are you running?

Chad Tetreault | App Development Consultant | BlackBerry Developer Relations | developer.blackberry.com | @chadtatro
Please use plain text.
Developer
wmatt
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

I'm running OS 2.1.0.1032. Is there a good method for debugging an extension? The ChildBrowser seems to work better after restarting for some reason, so maybe it's how I'm using it.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
chadtatro
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Well if you know Air well enough, you can dig in to their code and see what's going on exactly.  I've never used it myself, but I know there are others who are.  It seems to perform pretty well based on what I've heard.

Chad Tetreault | App Development Consultant | BlackBerry Developer Relations | developer.blackberry.com | @chadtatro
Please use plain text.