Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
HarrietNY
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Gears.zip not working - Blackberry 8530 with SD Card

I'm having trouble getting Gears.zip to work.  Here is my device info:

Blackberry 8530

OS v 5.0.0.1030 (Budle 1675 Platform 4.2.0.451)

I have an SD Card:

SanDisk 2

4 GB Micro SDHC

SD Card has 3.4 GB Free (When I go to Blackberry Desktop Software and then to Files, I see the Media Card and the 3.4 GB Free)

I edited the config.xml file and Added: <content src="index.htm"/> and I Removed: <icon src="web.PNG" />

When I run the app and I select either "Add Item to List" or "Clear Shopping List", I get:

TypeError: Cannot convert 'undefined' to an object

I think the problem is when it is trying to create the table.  I've seen other posts where they had the same problem and when they put in an SD Card, it worked.  But my SD Card is already in there.  I even took an SD Card from another phone and tried that card, but I get the same thing.

When I import the app using Blackberry Desktop Software, I see this error on the Blackberry:

Uncaught exception: Application thescore $2dlow(163) is not responding; process terminated

But the app loads and I am able to run it, so I am not sure if this error has anything to do with it.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
jeffheifetz
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Gears.zip not working - Blackberry 8530 with SD Card

Hi HarrietNY,

I would reccomend not using the Google Gears example as we along with every major browser have dropped support for it. If you really wish to continue this article may be helpful.

However HTML5 offers the majority of functionality you'd want so I would reccomend using this instead.

1.Please resolve your thread by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button below the post which solved your problem!
2. If any post helps you please click the button below the post(s)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
HarrietNY
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Gears.zip not working - Blackberry 8530 with SD Card

Thanks - I had tried the new HTML5 offline storage, but was having trouble with it working on OS5 devices.  Our client has OS5 devices and I thought I'd try it this way instead.  I am going to go back and try to figure out why I cannot get HTML5 to work with OS5.

Thanks 

Please use plain text.