Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry PlayBook
My Carrier: China Mobile
Accepted Solution

Get .db file from .csk for PhoneGap Build

Hi,

I am trying to build my app with PhoneGap Build but it requires both a .CSK and a .DB file.

I got the .CSK file but now I have no idea how to get the .DB one. I tried searching the Internet but all the information I got is different and unclear. I didn't receive any other file by email.

Is there any way to get the .DB file without installing any SDK? It is almost 300 MB (I use Windows XP)! And I really don't need it, I just want to get that file.

Please, I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers,

Joan

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Get .db file from .csk for PhoneGap Build

Unfortunately, you will need to generate this file. You can download the WebWorks SDK which is only 46MB, and follow the instructions to register your key here:

http://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/v2_0/setting_up_your_tools.html#kba1382104438461
Ken Wallis - Senior Product Manager, WebWorks and Android Runtime
@ken_wallis
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry PlayBook
My Carrier: China Mobile

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your reply.

I finally had to install BlackBerry WebWorks 2.0.0.71 and use it to build my app instead of using PhoneGap Build. There is no way to use PhoneGap Build since it would always say that CSK password is invalid. I am wondering if that is due to the fact that PhoneGap doesn't support some BlackBerry platforms.

I had to mess around quite a lot with the signing keys and such but I finally managed to build and sign successfully a .bar file (useful for QNX) using the web interface of WebWorks. Now I would like to generate a .cod as well, for BBOS, but I can't see anywhere the option to choose the platform. Could you give me some advice, please?

Thanks again,

Joan

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Hi there. You are not able to build for BBOS with the WebWorks 2.0 product. BBOS is a separate architecture even for WebWorks.

To build for BBOS, you will need to use the BBOS tools here:

http://developer.blackberry.com/bbos/html5/

Thanks.

Ken Wallis - Senior Product Manager, WebWorks and Android Runtime
@ken_wallis