Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
girishprabhakar
My Device: Not Specified

Getting 500 Error on Simulator while accessing web application

Hi,

I am trying to access my web application using BlackBerry 9500 Simulator - Vodafone and MDS Runtime v 4.1.2.

When i try to access my page i get the following error :

HTTP Error 500 : Internal Server Error.  An unexpected condition was encountered which prevented your request from being fulfilled. This could be caused by a problem with a gateway, a problem with the destination server, or a problem with the page itself. Please try loading a different page. Contact your service provider if this problem persists. (When i click Details button , the following message comes :                 Response object error 'ASP 0158 : 80004005'  Missing URL

/siteminderagent/pwcsc/idm/AuthFilter.asp , line 53  A URL is required.

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Developer
jwargo
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Getting 500 Error on Simulator while accessing web application

Didn't we discuss this last week?

MDS Runtime has nothing to do with this. It is not involved in any way in the transaction if you're doing this in the browser.

Look at the error message - it's telling you it's expecting a URL and not getting it. Line 53. It's a server error - has nothing to do with the BlackBerry except perhaps that an HTTP header siteminder is expecting isn't being populated on the BlackBerry's HTTP request.

Why not take a look at the data being passed between the device and the server and compare it to one from the desktop browser that works and look for differences?

Please use plain text.