Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
nareshkodumuri
My Device: BlackBerry 9800

Getting Error while building the project in ripple emulator (chrome Extension)in windows XP Build request failed with message: CreateProcessW: The system cannot find the file specified.

Hi,

I have an app that is running in the Ripple Emulator (chrome extension) while building the project  i am getting the Error showing that Oh Snap! Build request failed with message: CreateProcessW: The system cannot find the file specified.But i have given the correct path for Sdk and correct path of the project and I am using windows Xp operating system.Please provide the solution for this problem.

Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Getting Error while building the project in ripple emulator (chrome Extension)in windows XP Build request failed with message: CreateProcessW: The system cannot find the file specified.

Which platform are you building with - BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK or the BlackBerry Tablet OS WebWorks SDK?

If the latter, make sure to not include the /bbwp folder in the SDK path.

Correct:

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.2.0.5

Incorrect:

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.2.0.5\bbwp

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Developer
nareshkodumuri
My Device: BlackBerry 9800

Re: Getting Error while building the project in ripple emulator (chrome Extension)in windows XP Build request failed with message: CreateProcessW: The system cannot find the file specified.

Hi,

I am using Blackberry 10  Webworks SDK 2.3.15 and i have given the path for sdk  - C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK 2.3.1.5 and i am using Windows XP SP3 version and if in windows 7 it is working and the project path also i have given correctly but it is showing the same error.Please help me.Thanks for ur reply.

Retired
astanley
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

I understand the problem now.  You are trying to use the Smartphone SDK path in the BlackBerry 10 platform.  This is why Ripple is saying it cannot find the correct path.

If you are using the BlackBerry 10 platform in Ripple, you should be using the following WebWorks SDK for BB10 path:

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK 1.0.0.15

If you are using the WebWorks platform in Ripple, you should be using the WebWorks SDK for Smartphone path:

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK 2.3.1.5

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Developer
aliajones
My Device: BlackBerry@8520 smartphone(Edge,Wi-fi)

I am using the Webworks platform for ripple and I am using the BlackBerry WebWorks SDK 2.3.1.5 sdk in the path field.

However I am still getting the same error.

Also when i am giving the details for settings it shows that it cant get any simulators.

If you could clarify the following

1)Why this error is pursuing me of not being able to find any files.

2)Why is the simulator missing.I am completely new to ripple so I have absolutuly no clue if we have to add any simulators as well

If yes then how.Give me the details how we are supposed to put it in the config..

3) What should my project structure be.....what do i write in my config

My app is the sample app for ripple which has three buttons having return IMEI()....

I couldnt find any suitable enlightment else where

Index.html
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
<meta name="viewport" id="viewport"
content="height=device-height,width=device-width,user-scalable=no" />
<title>Insert title here</title>
<script type="text/javascript" src="scripts/action.js">
</script>
</head>
<body>
<p>This is my first BlackBerry WebWorks Application</p>

<div><center>
<input type="button" value="Show me my PIN?" onClick="displayPIN()">
			<br />
<input type="button" value="Show me my IMEI?" onClick="displayIMEI()">
			<br />
<input type="button" value="Show me my IMSI?" onClick="displayIMSI()">
			<br /></center><br /></div>
</body>
</html>
action.js
function displayPIN(){
	var pin = blackberry.identity.PIN;
	alert("Your PIN is: " + pin);
}

function displayIMSI(){
	var pin = blackberry.identity.IMSI;
	alert("Your IMSI is: " + pin);
}

function displayIMEI(){
	var pin = blackberry.identity.IMEI;
	alert("Your IMEI is: " + pin);
}
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<widget xmlns="http://www.w3.org/ns/widgets" xmlns:rim="http://www.blackberry.com/ns/widgets" version="1.0.0.0">
  <name>TestingRipple</name>
  <feature id="blackberry.identity"  required="true" version="1.0.0" />
  <content src="index.html"/>
</widget>

pzz give me the directory structure.

Thanks in advance :-)

Developer
aliajones
My Device: BlackBerry@8520 smartphone(Edge,Wi-fi)

no replies..........why is my build still failing...that oh snap error is still bugging me...Guys Help