Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
Business-Scene
My Device: Not Specified

Getting apps developed for the Blackberry community

It has been suggested that I post this here. Apologies for cross-posting this in several boards, but I'm not sure which is the most relevant...

I have a question regarding the way in which widgets that we have built for our website might be made available to the developer community so that they could build proper Blackberry device apps from them.

Our website, www.business-scene.com, primarily lists business networking and other events throughout the UK. These events are run by most of the best-known networking organisations in the country - such as Ecademy, BRX, BNI, 4networking etc. One of the widgets we provide, as an example, is one which allows the user / site owner to supply a uk postcode and have a feed of the upcoming events for that area returned to them. My thinking is that it might be possible to provide this as an app on Blackberry devices so that the user either enters the postcode they are interested in, or the device automatically displays events in the proximity of the device itself at that time.

As you will see from the website, Blackberry are actually one of our National Sponsors, and so it would be really useful to get some stuff developed, but I don't know what the best route might be - for example, is this something we would pay somebody to build? Is it something that a developer might build and then make available themselves?

Thank you in advance. Martin

Please use plain text.