Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Good book for WebWorks development?

I'm having a tough time learning WebWorks development in an unstructured way(through all of the docs on this site). Can anybody recommend a book that goes through WebWorks development? I'm struggling! THANKS!

Mike

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Good book for WebWorks development?

No books that I know of. There was a quick spurt of BlackBerry books two years ago. Mine released right before Widgets (now called WebWorks) were officially released and I didn't want to include beta stuff in the book.

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Sprint

Webworks = HTML5 apps. Nothing special about it besides how to use the SDK which would take up one chapter max if such a book existed.

Note: this is a good thing! It's very much Web Standards compliant. As a result, apps developed under WebWorks will port super easy to pretty much any platform. I've already done it with my apps.

Staff UI Prototyper (read: full-time hacker)

My BB10 apps: Screamager | Scientific RPN Calculator | The Last Weather App

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks guys. I gathered a bunch of the development pdf's yesterday. From here on out it's experimenting I suppose.

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

It's a stretch, but if you happen to know a Domino developer who subscribes to The View (www.eview.com) I wrote an article on Widgets for the magazine that could help get you started. You can find the article here: http://www.eview.com/eview/volr6.nsf/0/79586DE6FA5B52E285257861004DA2F0?opendocument.

Contributor
My Device: Dev Alpha B & C, Z10 and PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone Spain

I publish a book for programming in webworks for PlayBook and BlackBerry 10, you can view it in http://webworksbook.com/